It's a coffee sippin kinda morning!

Yall out there in Wyoming are colder, with mire snow than we are down in the valley looks like. Last few weeks its been flopping from stupid cold, setting records (-29f), to unseasonably warm. Our low was 25° last night!
Sounds nice ha ha. I saw -38 the other morning, and this was taking the kids on the morning drive to school....
20230130_080014.jpg

Yall out there in Wyoming are colder, with mire snow than we are down in the valley looks like. Last few weeks its been flopping from stupid cold, setting records (-29f), to unseasonably warm. Our low was 25° last night!
I've been saying it feels like this February has been like March up here…melt, deep freeze, melt, deep freeze..between bone dry arctic air further dried by the furnace running so much in the deep freezes and then the dang snow mold melting during the warmups, my sinuses are killing me!

The coldest we got this winter was early in December. But the second coldest was just a few mornings ago which I've got a picture of here. Weird winter this year, unseasonably warm January…

Attachments

• F4F4CBDE-FD65-4B1B-85AD-9E766B002F28.png
    F4F4CBDE-FD65-4B1B-85AD-9E766B002F28.png
    512.6 KB · Views: 17
  • CCD97133-6E8F-43B2-B6BE-E12FDBC3EB84.png
    CCD97133-6E8F-43B2-B6BE-E12FDBC3EB84.png
    542.8 KB · Views: 20
Figured with all the recent hackle raising "discussion", this may be a good one to help people chill out ha ha! Besides, it goes along quite well with @FEENIX 's other beverage threads!

So, post your best pic of your relaxing morning brew, and let's get this one going!

I'm enjoying a nice cup of Black Rifle Freedom Fuel, and working on a couple of leftover cookies, enjoying the gorgeous views out my window of the morning light casting shadows on the high uinta mountains, and watching the horses do their thing. As you may notice, my little ones have done a good job at sampling nearly every cookie on the plate! Ha ha. Good morning everybody, and God bless!

View attachment 329142View attachment 329143
The back porch overlooking the creek,
D2A45333-3E24-42FA-9575-5AE42F1FC7A8.jpeg
enjoying my café, bustello, black and strong!

I've been saying it feels like this February has been like March up here…melt, deep freeze, melt, deep freeze..between bone dry arctic air further dried by the furnace running so much in the deep freezes and then the dang snow mold melting during the warmups, my sinuses are killing me!

The coldest we got this winter was early in December. But the second coldest was just a few mornings ago which I've got a picture of here. Weird winter this year, unseasonably warm January…
Dang I'm going to quit complaining haha! Brrr!

It was a pretty similar pattern here, just not as extreme. We had that warm snap that started melting the snow in the mountains, way too early and when it does that it just eveaporates it off before it gets to the rivers.

I'm a farmer, and rely on that water runoff for our ranch. Luckily, we've had some pretty good storms come through since and bring our snowpack back up to well above average.

Dang I'm going to quit complaining haha! Brrr!

It was a pretty similar pattern here, just not as extreme. We had that warm snap that started melting the snow in the mountains, way too early and when it does that it just eveaporates it off before it gets to the rivers.

I'm a farmer, and rely on that water runoff for our ranch. Luckily, we've had some pretty good storms come through since and bring our snowpack back up to well above average.
No no, complain all you want! 🤣. We're used to this up here BUT…by the end of February I think everyone in both western Canada and the American Midwest are right thoroughly sick of the cold haha. And we share your concern every year abojt the need for the snow moisture to not just dissipate, especially further in the south of the province. Where I am is the edge of where the prairie ends and the Canadian boreal forests begin, we naturally do get more moisture than what I call "flatland" running south of us into North Dakota and onward, but still very vulnerable to the threat of drought and that affects everyone. Our economy is built on agriculture and oil, the farmers don't make it we all don't make it, though increasingly people don't seem to understand that 😞

No no, complain all you want! 🤣. We're used to this up here BUT…by the end of February I think everyone in both western Canada and the American Midwest are right thoroughly sick of the cold haha. And we share your concern every year abojt the need for the snow moisture to not just dissipate, especially further in the south of the province. Where I am is the edge of where the prairie ends and the Canadian boreal forests begin, we naturally do get more moisture than what I call "flatland" running south of us into North Dakota and onward, but still very vulnerable to the threat of drought and that affects everyone. Our economy is built on agriculture and oil, the farmers don't make it we all don't make it, though increasingly people don't seem to understand that 😞
Add: we get more moisture and have more fertile soil BUT it all gets evened out by a notably shorter growing season between frosts.

Hahahaha, we had a cold morning today, is was +27° with frost in the ground. Cold for us, you provably wear shorts at these temps LOL.

Sounds nice ha ha. I saw -38 the other morning, and this was taking the kids on the morning drive to school....View attachment 442576
Hey you're smart tho, you're in a vehicle with a heater!

I live in town so I usually walk the kids to school, I need the exercise and they're snug as a rug, they're little yet so I pull them in a wagon and they're under blankets and bundled up. But in the coldest snap of December this year I walked them in -40 or so. Upon returning home (it's about a mile round trip) this was my face haha

Attachments

• B30FB1AE-CBEF-4F2A-A148-9DBA3F7CB992.jpeg
    B30FB1AE-CBEF-4F2A-A148-9DBA3F7CB992.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Hey you're smart tho, you're in a vehicle with a heater!

I live in town so I usually walk the kids to school, I need the exercise and they're snug as a rug, they're little yet so I pull them in a wagon and they're under blankets and bundled up. But in the coldest snap of December this year I walked them in -40 or so. Upon returning home (it's about a mile round trip) this was my face haha
Do you have "defrosters" for those glasses?😂