It's a beer kinda of night ...

Here's a crazy record for you beer lovers: it's not in Guinness world records, but Andre the Giant has been described as the heaviest drinker (in both senses of the word heaviest) the earth has ever seen.

In his prime he was 7 foot 4 and 550 pounds. He made history one night, sponsored and supplied with beer by Molson Canadian. He drank 119 standard 12 oz cans of beer (5% alc) in 6 hours flat. That is one beer every 3 minutes for six hours. That's insane!

He did apparently end up passing out in the hotel hallway and remained until morning because no one was able move the 550 pound man.

Y'all can google all this for verification, it's well documented.

He also one told the anesthesiologist before surgery (when they were worried about how much sedation it was requiring to put him under) that "it takes 2 litres of vodka before I start to feel warm" 😱

Mortals would literally die if they dried duplicating any of this nonsense but it is impressive, if sad as well.

Here's a pic of a 12 oz beer in his giant hands

Attachments

• C9FAAB4A-B36B-4AD3-8520-9D4B3C2A7A87.png
    C9FAAB4A-B36B-4AD3-8520-9D4B3C2A7A87.png
    704.8 KB · Views: 62
Here's a crazy record for you beer lovers: it's not in Guinness world records, but Andre the Giant has been described as the heaviest drinker (in both senses of the word heaviest) the earth has ever seen.

In his prime he was 7 foot 4 and 550 pounds. He made history one night, sponsored and supplied with beer by Molson Canadian. He drank 119 standard 12 oz cans of beer (5% alc) in 6 hours flat. That is one beer every 3 minutes for six hours. That's insane!

He did apparently end up passing out in the hotel hallway and remained until morning because no one was able move the 550 pound man.

Y'all can google all this for verification, it's well documented.

He also one told the anesthesiologist before surgery (when they were worried about how much sedation it was requiring to put him under) that "it takes 2 litres of vodka before I start to feel warm" 😱

Mortals would literally die if they dried duplicating any of this nonsense but it is impressive, if sad as well.

Here's a pic of a 12 oz beer in his giant hands
Yeah, I have read this story also. He had a very sad life for the most part.

Yeah, I have read this story also. He had a very sad life for the most part.
A lot of pain, both physical and otherwise, he no doubt wanted to get away from. Plus people are always such jerks to anyone that notably different. Treat him like a circus animal (though that's pretty stupid as he could have literally ripped their head off but outside the ring was known to be a very gentle giant). SAme as Robert wadlow. Robert was the tallest man in modern history at 8 foot 11. Same as Andre, pituitary defect causing gigantism, don't think he made it to 30 years old. But people would kick his shins in the street to see if he was wearing stilts. How utterly stupid.

Im afraid my beer posts will likely be no more!

I've been having some stomach troubles and feeling just generally low key sick for no apparent reason for a while now…

And they figured it out: turns out I have celiac disease. So wheat barley and rye products are out (hard liquor is fine, it's distilled and gluten doesn't evaporate)

I will say, I've tried some "gluten free beer" and I think I'll just be content to not drink beer anymore. It was awful!!!!

I've been having some stomach troubles and feeling just generally low key sick for no apparent reason for a while now…

And they figured it out: turns out I have celiac disease. So wheat barley and rye products are out (hard liquor is fine, it's distilled and gluten doesn't evaporate)

I will say, I've tried some "gluten free beer" and I think I'll just be content to not drink beer anymore. It was awful!!!!

Hope you feel better, and you'll have to take care if your small intestine.

If you like Corona - it's gluten free. Same for many hard ciders

Well I know I had said no more beer on account of celiac…but the nutritionist says I'm actually supposed to keep eating gluten with the parameters I can tolerate until I get a biopsy done so…this is my cross to bear 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I simply have to keep drinking beer and eating pizza 🤣

Anyways, this one's a little different but oh so delicious. Very refreshing. A light beer technically, very snappy flavour. Tastes like Christmas.

Attachments

• 0A68D8FA-9F34-440A-8703-0098BEBF24F5.jpeg
    0A68D8FA-9F34-440A-8703-0098BEBF24F5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46