It's a beer kinda of night ...

A La Cumbre Slice of Hefen, and a Oaxacan Smash made with Mezcal for my wife. Salud!

20230218_203136.jpg

Looks good but it was a good old fashion Coors Banquet Beer for me last night. It's not fancy but I did chase it with some Buffalo Trace after dinner

I remember drinking those Coors with my dad in front of a campfire. Still drink them every once in a while, especially in front of a campfire.

I remember drinking those Coors with my dad in front of a campfire. Still drink them every once in a while, especially in front of a campfire.
That's exactly what it reminds me of. In my younger years I used to steal them out of the fridge when dad wasn't looking and then when we went fishing one time when I was probably 19 or 20 the old man let me have one. I think he said something like "don't tell your mother son!"

Sorry guys, I don't have @FEENIX ability to make this look nice 😂

View attachment 442172
Interesting. I've never had prickly pear and did not know that was a thing people ate just grilled like that! But I can image it's yummy.

One of my all time favourite hot sauces (and I've tried over 100 different kinds at this point) is Marie Sharp's Green Habanero…

First ingredients are indeed green habaneros followed by nopal prickly pear cactus. It is incredible AND has no salt added which is getting to be an important consideration for me.