• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Ithaca Model 49 Single Shot Lever Action 22

Havingfun

Looking for a nice condition Model 49 for my two grandsons. This was my first rifle and I want to teach them how to shoot with iron sights. They can do the semi-auto, scoped stuff later. These are wonderful starter rifles for kids as they are sized accordingly and they only hold one round.

Appreciate any help I can get finding one.

Call Cabelas in Boise, ID. They have one in their Library right now. Seen it 2 days ago. I own one in perfect condition, my family worked for Ithaca gun in the 70's. I have the 72 (repeater version made by Mauser for Ithaca) as well and I have a 12ga. Deer slayer in the original box with awesome wood on it!!

That was my very first gun... They were something like $49 at Golden Rule brand new way back when..Killed allot of gophers with that little gun.... Dave

I think mine was $38.00 from the Big M super market in Spencer, NY in 1971. Got love supermarkets that sell guns! In NY of all places!

Call Cabelas in Boise, ID. They have one in their Library right now. Seen it 2 days ago. I own one in perfect condition, my family worked for Ithaca gun in the 70's. I have the 72 (repeater version made by Mauser for Ithaca) as well and I have a 12ga. Deer slayer in the original box with awesome wood on it!!
Called the store and the sales person was not real enthused about giving me pics but said he would try to send some to me. When you saw it, what was your impression?
Thanks,

Last edited:
It wasn't the greatest condition, but these little guys are hard to find. The bluing looked good, but someone tried to checker the forend wood. It wasn't aweful I think it could be bought cheap until you find a nicer one. I will do a quick search and see what I can find.