It has begun. 300 WSM XP700

Something I forgot to consider. Anyone care to jump in on what thickness recoil lug a Dell trigger requires. A little update, I now have my trigger stock and action. Just waiting on a single shot follower, scope rail, rings and decide on glass. Barrel getting ordered next week.

Something I forgot to consider. Anyone care to jump in on what thickness recoil lug a Dell trigger requires. A little update, I now have my trigger stock and action. Just waiting on a single shot follower, scope rail, rings and decide on glass. Barrel getting ordered next week.
The 700 trigger by Dell….you have to epoxy the front part of the link to the carbon fiber rod.

What I always did was take a .250 lug, machine the bottoms section from the front Down to .185. Drill and tap and slot as needed.

If the lug is thicker than .185 at the bottom it forces the trigger to be farther forward and greatly changes the trigger reach.

You'll also need a trigger hanger. Numerich had them. If they don't I should still have a few dozen.

A little update and a few changes. Apparently I have completely lost my mind. I intend on ordering a Dell trigger but somehow, and I'm still trying to figure it out ended up with a Dewey not disappointed at all. Assembly will now be done by Shultz precision rifles and instead of opening up the factory bolt face I went with a Mack brothers bolt with m16 style extractor. According to McGowen my barrel is finished and awaiting shipment.

A little sneaky peak of what's to come. Never mind the mess on the desk.
EACB1AAA-C00A-498E-BBB2-33E0DC9F6B8D.jpeg

If that's a Rockwell JR stock you'll want to re enforce the grip.

We are at about a 50% failure rate on the grips.
If it happens so be it. All I can do is say a prayer that I don't get hurt. If it doesn't all the better. If I notice any fatigue I have a chunk of walnut at the farm I can have carved out.

Recent Posts