It has begun. 300 WSM XP700

You are absolutely correct butt, there is a wee bit more being done here than screwing in a barrel. I've said many times, I'm dumb enough to try just about anything BUT! I'm smart enough to still have all my fingers. With that said some things even though one may be capable should still be left to the professionals.

Well hello Shirley, look what is following me home. Now time for some Cerakoe and clear to finish her up.

Attachments

• IMG_5765.jpeg
    IMG_5765.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 84
If it happens so be it. All I can do is say a prayer that I don't get hurt. If it doesn't all the better. If I notice any fatigue I have a chunk of walnut at the farm I can have carved out.
If that's a Rockwell JR stock you'll want to re enforce the grip.

We are at about a 50% failure rate on the grips.
Just over 200 rounds through the tube and not a single sign of fatigue. Longest shot on a kritter successfully has been 175 yards. It really seems to like Remington 150 grain corlocks. I haven't been able to get a proper load developed yet because of life's surprises getting in the way. Over all though I love the way it shoots. The stock is very comfortable and the trigger is amazing. I don't know what other shooters are doing with their stocks to achieve a failure but this one is holding up very well under a 300 WSM.

Just over 200 rounds through the tube and not a single sign of fatigue. Longest shot on a kritter successfully has been 175 yards. It really seems to like Remington 150 grain corlocks. I haven't been able to get a proper load developed yet because of life's surprises getting in the way. Over all though I love the way it shoots. The stock is very comfortable and the trigger is amazing. I don't know what other shooters are doing with their stocks to achieve a failure but this one is holding up very well under a 300 WSM.
Good deal! I love it when things improve and work out wonderfully!