It Finnaly Lives!

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Musket_0, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Musket_0

Musket_0 Active Member

I have built many Muzzle loader rifles. Thought I might make a change this year.
    Went to a pawn shop and got a 7.7jap for $50.00, 3-9x50 Simmons Scope at walmart for $40.00, and Gander Mountain for a Bi-pod for $45.00. Re-chambered to .30-06, a chunk of dead Walnut from the neibors yard, and 2 months of work. Just got to fire it yesterday. Fire forming cases was the main reason to go, but got a nice 200 yard group useing 168gr PMP that I found on sale for $6.50 per box. For well under $200.00 out the door, my goup was 5 shots in 1.25" from a gun I have never fired. At least for me, I thought that was doing pretty good. Now I need to find a range hear in Notheren Michigan that is longer than 200 yards. If I knew how, I would like to leave a photo. Any Ideas? Jeff

2. baldeagle713

baldeagle713 Well-Known Member

Post pic on http://www.hunt101.com Then copy and past the Pictures url in the BOX that pops up when the Image button is used on this sight.
    Good luck

3. RBrowning

RBrowning Well-Known Member

Muskat,
    I don't know what you have to do or who you have to know to get into camp Grayling, but I have heard that they shoot longer ranges. I'm not sure if it is 600 or 1000 yards though.

Nise looking wood in that stock there.

4. Musket_0

Musket_0 Active Member

Thanks, don't often think of Camp Greiling, even though its close to home and I am ex-Army. And thanks for the voice of wood work. My neighbor was shocked to see it.(from his yard) [​IMG]
    I would like some advice on a muzzle brake.
    The O.D. measures .652 and I.D. is .309, does this leave room for threading without affecting accuracy? What might be a good beginner break? http://www.hunt101.com/img/091141.jpg

5. Musket_0

Musket_0 Active Member

[​IMG]
    This should let you See it. Hope I followed your instructions right. Jeff