Issues with rifle.. accuracy, speeds etc.

I'll say this again.
Everyone thinks RL26 is magic, sometimes it's great BUT NOT EVERY TIME, IN EVERY BARREL.
Reloder 25 gave me better accuracy, lower pressure and better case fill than Reloder26 in 264 WM.

I never really got rl26 to settle down in a creedmoor. Got great speeds, would shoot great, speed up, I would re-do some load development, would shoot for a couple weeks then groups would open up again. Shot 143 eld-x, right at the lands, but couldn't get much from any other bullet.

I would try h4831. You don't need any extra speed from rl26 and h4831 is more stable. Have had nothing but luck with it, our .264 load is for Hornady a-max around 3200 FPS. I haven't messed with burgers much so I can't say anything to the bullet other than some combinations just don't work. You want consistency and if you aren't getting it you may need to try something new.

I wouldn't base anything off of a two round sample. I would load for accuracy and then see where the speed is. Remeber, you can't miss fast enough. 50 fps at those speeds doesn't mean much unless you shoot waaaaaaaaaaaay out there and even then you need to hit the target for it to matter.

^^^ This ^^^

Sounds like you're throwing a bunch of rounds downrange chasing velocity and accuracy. According to you, you had a good accurate load and have the velocity numbers from that load. Reduce the load until you hit those numbers again and you'll probably be right back where you were accuracy wise.

Honestly I think people rely on es and sd alittle too much. I never develop a load with a chrono. I shoot for accuracy and look at verticle spread on my target. When I get a good sub .5 moa load then I'll put it over the chrono to get a rough idea what the velocity is then go validate it at 1000 yards and further. I've had fantastic results with rl-26 in my 2 rifles, but not every rifle is the same. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.