• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Issue with BRADO16

Status
Not open for further replies.
My own personal philosophy of selling items through any website, is that it's a great bonus/benifit of a site like this. I already spent the money for whatever it is I'm selling, and being able to re-sell that item is just a clever way to keep future projects funded. I'm not using that money to pay for my mortgage. So any money I get towards selling something like bullets/brass/etc just goes into what I call my "gun fund".

I hold my own integrity above the small dollar value of bullets/brass/etc. If I ever sell anything, I will always refund somebody their money for any reason, even if it's lost in the mail.

Even larger ticket items like scopes/rifles, although I will do my best to be ultra careful, if something goes wrong I'll always take the item back and provide a refund for any reason.

I'm sure some people will disagree with me, this is just my own personal philosophy.

Last time I checked, it was hand over the money and then get your merchandise....If the merchandise goes in the mail, then send your money (postage and insurance a given unless otherwise specified by the BUYER) and then ship the product. If product is not received, deal did not happen and seller refunds ALL COSTS to buyer....ALL COSTS.

Sorry you ran into a bum....Guess all sites have to have one, but we need to run this guy off and make sure he does not re-surface with another name....Might be smart to post his full name and address so he does not hide under another alias and screw another member. hang him out to dry....

Sealesniper

Last edited:
.Might be smart to post his full name and address so he does not hide under another alias and screw another member. hang him out to dry....

Sealesniper[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with Sealsniper.

In total, how much did you lose to this bum? Maybe the brothers of LRH can help you recoup some or all with some generosity. Good will makes the world go around.

I'm good man thanks though. It was $205. At least it wasn't a rifle. It was 4 boxes of bullets. Since it was a paypal transaction, I only have his email address and his first name. I reviewed all his posts on things he sold and they were all good but you never know the true character of someone until something goes wrong and then how they deal with it.

But needless to say, I will never do another paypal transaction.

Just and FYi. I never do any business with anyone unless they send me their cell # for any deal over $300. I also get full name and address and send MO or certified check.

Just my 2 cents but:

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND regardless of the postal issues which were beyond anyone's control. Sometimes things just happen and in this case the seller should bite the bullet and make good on the non-sale.

Just my 2 cents but:

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND regardless of the postal issues which were beyond anyone's control. Sometimes things just happen and in this case the seller should bite the bullet and make good on the non-sale.

I definitely agree with you.

And SealSniper, I usually do get all that info. This will be the first and last time I use PayPal!

when i sell something up to $100 i ship priority mail with $50 insurance, figure if something goes wrong i will eat the other $50 but buyer will get all his money from me. if i sell an item over $100 i ship insured and everybody is covered and happy if something happens(usually the insurance is added in to asking price). at all times my buyers are covered and will get their monies back from me!

Bruce

Well here is an update. In the end he gave me a full refund which I am very pleased. He said that he didn't log on to LRH since November even though it showed him logging on a few times between here and now. He said that he has this site set to his homepage and it automatically logs him on but it was his wife that was using the computer and not him and that is why he never saw my PM's. He stated that when he did see them that he responded right away. Either way, I am satisfied that I got the refund.

Good to hear. Sorry for all your frustration. It's hard to reimburse for frustrations experienced. Seller should have followed thru to ensure your shipment was received, IMO.

I'm sure everyone wants this thread to die now but I just want to say something to the guys that said the buyer should have purchased insurance.

when you guys buy something from midway or say Sinclair or the lingerie store online and you pay for goods, would you not be bitching up a storm to the company if your already paid for package was never delivered? I bet you would....
its the shippers responsibility to get the goods to the buyer period.

I just sent back a reamer rental. you think they wont hold me responsible if they don't get it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.