ISO Savage “Super” striker

Hunter Reed

Hey guys I'm looking for a Savage Super Striker with the laminate stock in any chambering larger than 22 caliber, really looking for a 260 Rem or 7mm-08. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I have a Striker in 243 that I would move, but it does NOT have the laminated stock. Keep checking Gunbroker, if that is what you want.

I am awaiting a response from a guy, who has first shot at it. I should know in a couple of days.
So yes, I still have it.
That's fine. Thanks for getting back to me so soon. Please let me know if the deal falls thru with the other gentleman. Would be my first venture into hand gunning. I've always been a rifle guy but a Striker or xp100 just looks like too much fun. Thanks Kevin

Hey guys I'm looking for a Savage Super Striker with the laminate stock in any chambering larger than 22 caliber, really looking for a 260 Rem or 7mm-08. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Not sure if you found one yet or not but B&B Pawn in Fredericksburg had one in 308 it was stainless with an adjustable brake but I think it was the standard stock if I remember correctly. It was there about 3 weeks ago.

I have a Striker in 243 that I would move, but it does NOT have the laminated stock. Keep checking Gunbroker, if that is what you want.

Ernie,
what kind of bases did you use on this gun? Ive got one that has some questionable bases and I cant get the bullet to come down less than 6' above the target at 100 yards. They are just standard two piece bases and not like a 20MOA rail or anything.

What kind of rings?

not sure but I think they are standard weaver rings - its whatever the guy had on there when I bought the pistol - i guess the best thing would be to get a rail and a known good set of rings or a DNZ base for it. That would probably be the best starting point.

If you don't change your base (I prefer a pic rail), get the rings by Burris that have the plastic inserts, and you will be able to get your proper zero

Yes.
If you get the EGW rail, purchase the Burris Signature ZEE Rings and that will allow you to get things fixed no matter what.

ok I will try that - although I am kinda playing with the idea of a caliber change -- it would be nice to have a 260 Rem or 6.5 Grendel -- just not sure how well the Grendel would feed from the internal box magazine.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.