Is this scope good for what I need?

Brambles

Is a nightforce 8-32x56 Benchrest with NP-1rr reticle any good for hunting with my edge?

I could see the 8 power to be a pain close quarters!

The 1/8" click values would be a big drawback for long range dialing. And 8x on the low
end is not do able for me in close. I run a 1.8x10 for 0-800 yards on my .223 but it
was on the 308 for years and used to 1000.

I wasn't comfortable with that NF model due to what seemed to me to be critical distance between eye and scope. I couldn't get a comfortable sight picture except at a very critical eye position.

I liked the 1/8 clicks for fine adjusting a 1k but didn't care for the number of clicks necessary to make long range adjustments.

Thus I went with the NXS model,

I did a little more research on the scope and found it only had 50 moa of adjustment, which is only 5 more than the Zeiss 6.5-20 that i'm thinking of replacing, PLUS the eye relief issue, PLUS the 1/8 MOA adjustment PLUS the 8 power minimum PLUS the NP-1RR reticle

I decided to pass on the deal.

Thanks guys

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.