Is this real? Nikon is getting out of the Scope game?!?!

I think they were way behind the game with tacticool scopes. I don't think their black line of scopes did real well. They tried a vortex no fault policy and it must have wrecked them.

It's a shame - I replaced several nightforce nxs scopes (as did buddies) with the FX-1000 Black scopes and have been really pleased. Same optical quality, way better eyebox, same tracking, great reticle, 1/3 the price. The 4-16x50 is one of my favorite hunting scopes and you can pick them up now for 1/2 of what they used to sell for. Deal of the century.

So their scopes still have a limited lifetime warranty on optical components. Buying them on the cheap now with that warranty isn't a bad deal.
As long as they still offer warranty service, they backed out of their "no fault" "policy" so what is stopping them from backing out of their "limited lifetime waranty,"?
What happens when they claim a scope cant be fixed and it must be replaced--- but they no longer have any scopes?

If you want aNikon, natchez ss is already selling closeout priced scopes ,

So their scopes still have a limited lifetime warranty on optical components. Buying them on the cheap now with that warranty isn't a bad deal.

According to the Nikon press release items purchased and owned in Canada will still be covered with the warranty. In the USA your not as fortunate, warranties no longer honored except for the limited "warranty" on newly purchased with proof of purchase they consider valid.

According to the Nikon press release items purchased and owned in Canada will still be covered with the warranty. In the USA your not as fortunate, warranties no longer honored except for the limited "warranty" on newly purchased with proof of purchase they consider valid.
Another canadian on the site claimed the same thing - I looked up the canadian website and it has the same verbiage as the Us website.

the speculation around here is that they could not get anyone in a 3rd world country to make their scopes with any kind of consistency or quality. I have seen them made in China, Philippians, Korea, and one other country. I would have suggested they make them in Japan, Germany/Europe or USA and have them built correctly and built better. then they could have commanded a higher price for a better product.

My Nikon scopes held up through total everything you could think of in Alaska 12 years .I shot my 416 rem mag with a 3x9 monarch 2500 times no problems . The good ones are the best buys on scopes get them while you can cheap .

Speculation is that they are getting out because they don't want to face the anti 2nd mob or be boycotted by them.
Interesting though that they decide to continue with their rangefinders.....
Range finders are also used by golfers.
It's pitiful if the libtards are allowed to succeed in intimidating a successful manufacturer of quality equipment.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.