Is this gun store being dishonest?

Namibguy

Hi im new and not sure if this fits here, i will remove if it does not.
I'm in the process of trying to buy my first gun. Where i live the choices are very limited and the prices are quite high when converted to usd. My best option i could find is a new remington 700 vtr, i assume it did not sell well hence rhe low price. I was just wondering do all vtr models come with the rail and bipod, because the gun storw owner said that the vtr does not come with it. I know these aren't good quality accessories but im on a tight budget. In the end it is more about the principle i do not know if he is very trustworthy if he removes the package accessories to sell afterwards and tells me they do not come with.

Last edited:
It shows it from the factory with the rail and bipod. Look it up on Remingtons website to make sure.

Attachments

• D38B8C24-95FA-441A-98A3-BF0B53AEC55D.png
    D38B8C24-95FA-441A-98A3-BF0B53AEC55D.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 141
I checked gunbroker and it looks as if it come both ways. I would still check with Remington but it may be your gun dealer is legit.

Well it looks like it's suppose to come with it. If you are looking at the rifle in the shop and it doesn't, that wouldn't be good. South Africa you have to show all your documents and stuff, then you pay, right? Is your dealer going to show you the rifle first before you give him money?

Well it looks like it's suppose to come with it. If you are looking at the rifle in the shop and it doesn't, that wouldn't be good. South Africa you have to show all your documents and stuff, then you pay, right? Is your dealer going to show you the rifle first before you give him money?
Im from namibia but its similar to South Africa. I buy the gun then go to the police to apply for the licence. After i get it i pick the rifle. But i can see the rifle beforehand.

If it meets your needs, and budget, I'd go with it. There are few guarantees buying guns, new or used. Even well known customs fail to meet expectations on occasion.

You've been looking awhile, and have a feel for prices, and availability. Availability often drives price.

Owner could be ignorant, or misspoke. Check the rifle, packaging, maybe a shipping list will be available.

Good Luck!

Would the configuration be listed on the box? Check with the store owner to see if they will let you look over the box it came in.

Get with someone that knows the in and outs of the Namibian Gun Market.. I would hope that a Hunting Guides are a dime a dozen in Namibia.. We too , in the States, have to put up with shenanigans from some gun dealers.. What caliber are you looking to buy ? What are you going to do with it ? Hunt ?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.