Is this gun store being dishonest?

Hi im new and not sure if this fits here, i will remove if it does not.
I'm in the process of trying to buy my first gun. Where i live the choices are very limited and the prices are quite high when converted to usd. My best option i could find is a new remington 700 vtr, i assume it did not sell well hence rhe low price. I was just wondering do all vtr models come with the rail and bipod, because the gun storw owner said that the vtr does not come with it. I know these aren't good quality accessories but im on a tight budget. In the end it is more about the principle i do not know if he is very trustworthy if he removes the package accessories to sell afterwards and tells me they do not come with.
Sorry, I can't speak to the ethics of the seller. However, do some research on that rifle. I didn't know anyone who is happy with the VTR. The claim is that true accuracy hasn't been attainable.

I had my eye on one last year on close out. The guy behind the counter, (whom I know really well) steered me away from it saying outright that it was the worst rifle Remington ever made.

Best Regards.

Hi im new and not sure if this fits here, i will remove if it does not.
I'm in the process of trying to buy my first gun. Where i live the choices are very limited and the prices are quite high when converted to usd. My best option i could find is a new remington 700 vtr, i assume it did not sell well hence rhe low price. I was just wondering do all vtr models come with the rail and bipod, because the gun storw owner said that the vtr does not come with it. I know these aren't good quality accessories but im on a tight budget. In the end it is more about the principle i do not know if he is very trustworthy if he removes the package accessories to sell afterwards and tells me they do not come with.
Nambi Guy,
Your gunshop is being dishonest. I am a gunsmith and gunshop owner in Northern Nevada. The Remington 700 VTR is 223, 22-250, 243, 7MM-08 and 308 all come with a weaver rail and a bi-pod from the factory through the distributor, to any gunshop in the world.
The only thing "cheap" on that whole gun is the stock. the barrels are world class, very accurate and hard to warp with repeated shooting.
here is the URL directly to the VTR 700 in 22-250 (note the bi-pod and rail are attached) and it states it comes with both. for $930.00

I have one didnt come w/stuff.But it was early on.Mine 223,shoot 's1/2,I put carbon arrows and epoxy stock helped some.It will get new stock some time.Mine just my backyard coyote gun,foxes too

Sorry, I can't speak to the *Rule 1 Violation*s of the seller. However, do some research on that rifle. I didn't know anyone who is happy with the VTR. The claim is that true accuracy hasn't been attainable.

I had my eye on one last year on close out. The guy behind the counter, (whom I know really well) steered me away from it saying outright that it was the worst rifle Remington ever made.

Best Regards.
Friend has one in 308-- he put a magpull hunter stock on it and it is super accurate-- just like any production rifle-- some are made on Friday afternoon, others aren't

Namibguy: You can always buy a bipod and rail to add after you get the gun. I would expect you can order them thru the mail. The gun is the difficult part for you to obtain.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.