Is this a good buy?

sdkidaho

Found this from a local guy. I know nothing about reloading but am wondering if this is good enough equipment for the price he's asking:

most everything is rcbs

i have a hand press a RS2 model
scale
powder measure
manual
case loading block
funnel
deburring tool
bullet puller by quinetics
stuck case remover
primer unit
2 die set one for a 30-06 and one for a .308
a case trimmer by lyman
and a vibrating case cleaner
media
tray and polish all by midway

asking $250

If it is in decent condition, then I would say it is a very good buy. The value of the press, powder measure, scale, dies & trimmer is probably right at $200 on the used market - especially if you throw in the vibrating case cleaner. Everything else is gravy. Good starter set up.

Try to find out what condition the items are really in. For example the scale if not taken care of good be worthless. Certainly more expensive but, you may want to just play around and see what a similar setup or the items you really want would cost you knew. That would be my route but that's me. I've learned with reloading get what you want the first time or more than likely you'll be buying items 2x. Just my 2 cents.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.