Is there a difference in a Nightforce and a Schmidt & Bender???

What's is your LR rifle and caliber? Your farthest shot at target, at game? I have been wanting to give it a go but don't have a range with that great a distance. I have always wondered if a T/C Encore HB could be used, other than the inconvenience of the break open, I have a couple HB's. One is 260 the other is 300 Win Mag. Both have Leupold 50mm scopes on them. Also have 3 FN FAL's, a PSL and a couple WWII sniper rifles..
Thanks for the response, good shooting. ElDee

In order not to jack the thread I'll PM you.

As much as I like my S&B, the NF scopes are a really great value. The S&B glass is outstanding, but there is a point where good enough really is good enough.
The 'smith that built my LR rifle insists the S&B turrets track just enough better to make it worth the extra money, if one is pursuing accuracy down to a gnats ***. For my intended use, 1000+ yard marmots, I have tried to take every available advantage to realize the accuracy potential of the rifle.
That said, the NF I use on my light weight rifle is so good I can't tell the difference between the two scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts