Is there a “go to” honest website for reviews on whitetail outfitter hunts?

Albritton

is there a Website to read honest reviews on whitetail pay hunt operations. One that strives to be a honest critical review site that is policed for fake or padded reviews on Whitetail Outfitters?
Does anyone have other suggestions on how to get the true skinny on places to hunt. Nothin worse than saving up enough money (I ain't rich) over a couple years to find out you have chosen a bad operation.
I understand that when your pickin free range hunts that you may not see the deer your lookin for, that's deer huntin. I am lookin for a way to get others opinions on the Trophy possibilities, meals, sleeping accommodations, overall Outfitter attitudes and dedication to hunt etc.

Last edited:
I have looked for a long time for a good source of unbiased reviews. No one source provides really good detailed info on trophy quality, accommodation, food etc. What I have found is that Googling an outfits name will often turn up posts on various Forums, Google reviews etc but it means you have to have an idea who you are researching.

Jim Shockey's Book Your Hunt lists a wide range of outfitters that have been checked out by his organisation. I often start there when beginning research as they cover the world and most species. Then when I find a hunt of interest I do a detailed deep dive on that outfitter. I have never found a really good shortcut. Be very interested to hear if others have.

I have looked for a long time for a good source of unbiased reviews. No one source provides really good detailed info on trophy quality, accommodation, food etc. What I have found is that Googling an outfits name will often turn up posts on various Forums, Google reviews etc but it means you have to have an idea who you are researching.

Jim Shockey's Book Your Hunt lists a wide range of outfitters that have been checked out by his organisation. I often start there when beginning research as they cover the world and most species. Then when I find a hunt of interest I do a detailed deep dive on that outfitter. I have never found a really good shortcut. Be very interested to hear if others have.

Thanks for the tip

That Steve West guy offers some nice looking hunts. He buys up a lot of private land
Elk hunting. Not cheap but they look nice. I'm going on one of Colorado Bucks
Texas deer hunts Old style Box blind and Bait but they get some nice ones.

Looking to find a good unbiased website for reviews my self at the momemt LRH is my go to and Hands on review with different individuals makes it unique.

I have never hunted with them, however, Tom Indrebo is probably one of the most well respected outfitters I have ever heard of in the outdoor industry. He understands whitetails better than anyone and documents every hunt of all clients.

www.bluffcountryoutfitters.com

I have ZERO affiliation with them, as a resident of WI with a lease here with some awesome deer. You have basically the cheapest non resident tags in the country, over the counter rifle tags.

Hope this helps.
Steve

Do a google search of the outfitter you are looking at, you will probably find more bad then good though. But you should be able to find enough info to make a decision. Make sure you ask all the appropriate questions as well and don't assume anything you don't have in writing.

I gave my recommendation as to probably the most knowledgeable whitetail outfitter ever, however, I think more information is needed.

What are your goals? Are you looking to kill a buck of a lifetime? Make a long shot on a decent buck? Are you looking for over the counter tags? Are you willing to wait 5 years to draw tag?

These are questions that effect where you should look. If you want to kill a giant whitetail, I would not look no further than WI, IA, IL or Canada.

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts