Is the site loading real real slow for anyone else?

Running fast for me--no issues. Feel sory for the 56k guys!!! Man that must really suck....

It is a little slower for me this week. Last week I think it was better but it is kind of hard to measure. I wish it would be faster.

I saw Your post in My thread, thanks. I think people who have really good high speed internet service don't notice it as much. I live in a rural area where We can only get dial up or satellite internet. I have Hughsnet satellite which SUCKS. When I'm at work I use the same laptop with an air card which is much better but LRH still takes at least 4 times as long to open a page as any other site I use. I actually try to look at it while I'm in an area where I can use My air card as much as I can (no cell service where I live so air card won't work) because 40 seconds to open a page is just more time than I can spend usually. I was hesitant to bring it up in the first place, don't want to sound like a whiner but I really enjoy LRH and some times I just can't spend the time necessaty to use it. Fred.

I saw Your post in My thread, thanks. I think people who have really good high speed internet service don't notice it as much. I live in a rural area where We can only get dial up or satellite internet. I have Hughsnet satellite which SUCKS. When I'm at work I use the same laptop with an air card which is much better but LRH still takes at least 4 times as long to open a page as any other site I use. I actually try to look at it while I'm in an area where I can use My air card as much as I can (no cell service where I live so air card won't work) because 40 seconds to open a page is just more time than I can spend usually. I was hesitant to bring it up in the first place, don't want to sound like a whiner but I really enjoy LRH and some times I just can't spend the time necessaty to use it. Fred.

I think you just got to bit the bullet and deal with it. Im on a version sim card as well. I only get 5gb of bandwith a month and I have to be careful. With school work and this site thats all I can do most times. Videos are a no no for me.

It's the ads. And they aint gonna do anything but send you an email how you need to use Mozilly Fireball etc. or gfet new pc. This site has too many ads, too many non longe range shooters, and just too many members and it aint gonna get better. So I load slow too, or go to 24hourcampfire long range forum. Not everyone has a new pc and some I chat to still have dial up but like to come here too. But ads pay the bills.

Last edited:
It loads slow for me too, probably the slowest site I visit on a regular basis. I use a Verizon air card, so my download speed varies constantly depending on the network use at the time. 1+ on the post about Hughesnet... I had one of those for years until Verizion finally got a tower close enough for me to use.

I suspect the slow load times are mainly the adds as well. Many, of the adds are animated which eats up more bandwidth than still adds, the resolution of the adds might be able to be reduced as well....... The site is still great, with a lot of useful information. Maybe Verizion will get a 4G tower here soon and my data speed worries will be over!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.