Is the Nightforce a good spotting scope?

WEATHERBY460

I am looking for my first spotting scope and need help deciding. I am willing to spend the money for a good one. I don't see a lot of talk about the nightforce, is there another I should be looking at?
Is angled or strait the way to go. I will mainly be using it from my living room looking at deer 1000 yards away. thanks

i have got three NF scope and i will tell you they are one of the very best, they make a range of scope with different feature

f1. f2
different Magnification Range
click values: .250 MOA, .1 Mil-rad
reticles : MOAR, MOAR-T, MIL-R, MIL-DOT.

it all depends on what you want. Nf scope are widely recognized. so searching for a sporting scope, i will recommend the NightForce TS-82 XTREME 20-70x Waterproof Spotting Scope. it features:
Vivid, high contrast images.
82mm objective lens.
Fully waterproof, shock-proof.

Go with this and you will not regret it.

The nightforce is made by Meopta, it's a very good spotter. The TS-82 is the same as the Meopts S2 82

I really appreciate comments like this - they help cut through the illusion of choice. With so many brands and so few manufacturing facilities, ...well it can make choices more difficult than the need to be.

I would say its the second best in the world. Ok, maybe not. I have not looked through every spotter. But to date the only one that beats it for resolution that I have seen is the swaro ATX. Buy it from Cabelas on sale. Euro HD=NFts82=Meopta S2 all the same spotter.

You may want to look at the KOWA Prominar series scopes, they make a 66mm, a 77mm, and an 88mm. I have the 66mm and love it, i went with the 66mm for pack hunting but still use it at the F-class shoots and it works great. The 88mm and the 77mm are phenomenal scopes, best out there in my opinion, and I have looked through Swaro's, Leica's, Meopta/NF ,The big Z. I have spent a lot of time with the new NF spotter, my buddy bought one, a beautiful piece of glass but the Kowa Prominar still looked better to us. Im not sure what the price differences are but I think he payed 2800.00 or 2900.00 for the NF, its a big heavy piece of glass. Its sucks spending the price the scopes cost without being able to look through them first, but I was very pleased when I received my KOWA. I returned a vortex razor and so did my buddy who bought the NF.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.