Is the Bergara B14 action any good for a custom build?

Huntz

I was wondering if they are squared from the factory or needing to be blueprinted.I understand they can be used in any stock meant for a Rem 700 footprint but do not know that for sure.Any comments or experience with them would be appreciated.Thanks ahead,Huntz

Well I'm using an hmr stock on my Remington 700 22-250... its uses Remington stocks and triggers! Pretty much a 700 with a coned bolt

I was wondering if they are squared from the factory or needing to be blueprinted.I understand they can be used in any stock meant for a Rem 700 footprint but do not know that for sure.Any comments or experience with them would be appreciated.Thanks ahead,Huntz
I have a couple of B14's, I talked to a smith who had experience building a few of them about building one of mine and the comment was basically that they have to be trued just like any other factory action. I love my Bergaras though, both shoot sub .5MOA with hand loads with a variety of bullet weights/types and one was capable of very consistent 0.5-0.75 MOA with factory ammo too. I had an issue with primer cratering on one and they replaced my bolt with one of the the 2 piece fluted stainless bolts with the floating bolt head out of their premier series (it was literally a drop in replacement with a go/no-go gauge to check HS) and it's pretty much perfect now. That's the one I would have built in the future if I ever decide it needs a new barrel.

I personally wouldn't ever try to cut that corner and not true up an action for a build. Especially on a factory action. They're pretty nice actions imo.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts