Is the 6.8SPC here to stay?

I recommend you spend some time at 68Forums sniffing around. Personally, my AR 6.8 has become my hunting rifle for everything except ELK size animals. Love mine.
That's some good advise. I've been lurking around the 68 site for a few days, and learning a bunch. Enought to order a Bison Armory 6.8 Recon upper this morning. It should be here in a couple weeks. I guess I"ll put a power togather while I wait. What lower are you running on the rig in your pic?

It's an AeroPrecision Multi-cal with Bill Springfield 4 lb trigger group.gun)

That's some good advise. I've been lurking around the 68 site for a few days, and learning a bunch. Enought to order a Bison Armory 6.8 Recon upper this morning. It should be here in a couple weeks. I guess I"ll put a power togather while I wait. What lower are you running on the rig in your pic?

I've been working with a 6.8 for 6 months or so. I've decided that it's going to be my go to rifle for hunting here (TN) since there are very few opportunities for any shots longer than it can handle. Most of my hunting is within 100y most of the deer I've shot are less than 50. The rifle went hunting last season but unfortunately, I didn't see anything to shoot with it.
My son likes it enough that he had me order an upper from AR15 Performance and as soon as it gets here we'll build up a lower and have another one. There are a great many bullets and loads for the 6.8 available. 85g to 130 and I hear that SSA is going to make a 140 Berger load for it, too. There are a great number of companies making barrels and uppers in 6.8. A partial list: Noveske, Wilson Combat, AR15 Performance, Bison, Black Hole Weaponry, CMMG, Stag, RRA. If it wasn't popular there wouldn't be many available. Hornady, Remington, SSA, and Corbin all make ammo for it, too. Neither list is inclusive.

I've been working with a 6.8 for 6 months or so. I've decided that it's going to be my go to rifle for hunting here (TN) since there are very few opportunities for any shots longer than it can handle. Most of my hunting is within 100y most of the deer I've shot are less than 50. The rifle went hunting last season but unfortunately, I didn't see anything to shoot with it.
My son likes it enough that he had me order an upper from AR15 Performance and as soon as it gets here we'll build up a lower and have another one. There are a great many bullets and loads for the 6.8 available. 85g to 130 and I hear that SSA is going to make a 140 Berger load for it, too. There are a great number of companies making barrels and uppers in 6.8. A partial list: Noveske, Wilson Combat, AR15 Performance, Bison, Black Hole Weaponry, CMMG, Stag, RRA. If it wasn't popular there wouldn't be many available. Hornady, Remington, SSA, and Corbin all make ammo for it, too. Neither list is inclusive.
Yep, I think you're right. So much so, that I ordered an 18in Recon upper from Bison Armory on Friday. It won't get used much in the eastern part of the state (coyotes only, is my guess), but around here in NW Montana it should be ideal, we don't get too many shots over 150 either. It's just killin me to have to wait two more weeks for it!!! What stock are you using on yours?

Cody

According to the sticky on 68forums under ammo and reloading there are 36 bullets to choose from that you can use in hand loaded ammo. I don't think that this round is going anywhere in the future but up. Rumor has it that some cheap plinking ammo will be released this spring/summer which will make it easier on the pocket book to shoot. I think that you will be pleased with your purchase...I was with mine. It is a great round for deer sized game and devastating on hogs! Have a good one.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts