Is Tangent Theta worth the $ over NF?

Seriously, let's get these poors out of here. As a matter of fact, what scrub buys a TT? Hensoldt for the price tag win, baby.
Dad always said...."A fool and their money are soon parted." How much one brings in is certainly part of the wealth equation. But, how much one keeps is the bottom line. Just an observation.....

Love my 338 RUM... that and my 257 Wby. My 2 most favorite to shoot. And I've got lots to choose from 😂🤷🏻‍♂️... fighting cancer as we speak... know that feeling of my guns being sold after my death... sucks
I completely agree with you. The Tangent is probably the best tracking scope on the market as well as the glass and adjustments. I purchased my first Nightforce NXS with the NR-1 reticule when they first came out in 2009 when I went to a gun show and watched a Nightforce rep demonstration on them. It took about 7-8 months to receive it and I was hooked but my wallet wasn't as at that time I didn't have a rifle I had spent over a thousand dollars on but this changed shortly after as I started my first custom build. A year later I bought my farm near Nightforce Headquarters. I now own 7 various Nightforce scopes with my last one being an ATACR 7 X 35 X 56 on my 338RUM. Other than being able to get quick service, it doesn't mean much, as you can't buy any optics directly from them. At my age now, I need to start eliminating some of my safe queens and enjoy the money instead of having my grandchildren sell them after I am gone.

Love my 338 RUM... that and my 257 Wby. My 2 most favorite to shoot. And I've got lots to choose from 😂🤷🏻‍♂️... fighting cancer as we speak... know that feeling of my guns being sold after my death... sucks
Sorry to hear. Hope it all works out for you and you can en your guns for many years to come.

Sorry to hear that you and I are in a similar situation. I inquired with my attorney to see if I could attach a stipulation that if I willed a firearm to an individual and they no longer wanted it, it would pass on to another person who I desired and so on but it can't be accomplished by a simple will and the alternative is to create a irrevocable trust. Too costly and expensive for me so I am selling most of my firearms except for a couple. I wish you the best.

Sorry to hear that you and I are in a similar situation. I inquired with my attorney to see if I could attach a stipulation that if I willed a firearm to an individual and they no longer wanted it, it would pass on to another person who I desired and so on but it can't be accomplished by a simple will and the alternative is to create a irrevocable trust. Too costly and expensive for me so I am selling most of my firearms except for a couple. I wish you the best.
Gone Ballistic and Sanford 338, sorry to hear of your challenges. Keep up the fight. Recently took another family member, five in 24 months, through similar situation. When it came time for the hospice portion of his journey, he struggled with similar dilemma. Of course, he considered selling everything. But, he came to accept it was too much hassle......and a waste of his precious remaining heartbeats.......old too soon; smart too late, he said. Didn't trust the undertaker body preparer, wasn't sure what currency would be appropriate. and couldn't find a service to wire the funds to his next address. We shared many laughs during that part of his journey. :) :) :) After much thought and discussion, he decided to personally give each firearm, scope, spotting scope, reloading equipment, hunting gear, all his many toys, to his personally chosen recipient. I brought each item to his location and brought the recipient to visit. In addition to feeling he cut an attorney out of the process, he got far more joy out of visiting with special people and personally giving the item directly to them. In many instances, he signed the item, sometimes with a personal comment or memory recollection. The recipients were very appreciative, touched by his thoughtfulness, shared some fond memories, and he passed the torch to a younger generation to carry on. Gave him many pleasant moments as his time wound down. Just a thought for your consideration. Hope it doesn't come to that for each of you, but we are all just tourists passing through.
We don't know each other, haven't met, probably won't meet in person. But, I do care about you. As a side note, it is appointed unto man "once to die, and then the judgment." "Every knee will bow". We will all get religion. It is just a matter whether we get religion in time or just a little too late. I encourage you to get religion in time. Not a connection with bricks and mortar religion, but a personal experience with The One that matters. It's easy; it's real; and, its FREE...pre-paid in full a long, long time ago. Best deal in the Universe. Reference John 3:16. This life is just a dress rehearsal for the really, really important big experience. Best wishes.

Last edited:
Gone Ballistic and Sanford 338, sorry to hear of your challenges. Keep up the fight. Recently took another family member, five in 24 months, through similar situation. When it came time for the hospice portion of his journey, he struggled with similar dilemma. Of course, he considered selling everything. But, he came to accept it was too much hassle......and a waste of his precious remaining heartbeats.......old too soon; smart too late, he said. Didn't trust the undertaker body preparer, wasn't sure what currency would be appropriate. and couldn't find a service to wire the funds to his next address. We shared many laughs during that part of his journey. :) :) :) After much thought and discussion, he decided to personally give each firearm, scope, spotting scope, reloading equipment, hunting gear, all his many toys, to his personally chosen recipient. I brought each item to his location and brought the recipient to visit. In addition to feeling he cut an attorney out of the process, he got far more joy out of visiting with special people and personally giving the item directly to them. In many instances, he signed the item, sometimes with a personal comment or memory recollection. The recipients were very appreciative, touched by his thoughtfulness, shared some fond memories, and he passed the torch to a younger generation to carry on. Gave him many pleasant moments as his time wound down. Just a thought for your consideration. Hope it doesn't come to that for each of you, but we are all just tourists passing through.
We don't know each other, haven't met, probably won't meet in person. But, I do care about you. As a side note, it is appointed unto man "once to die, and then the judgment." "Every knee will bow". We will all get religion. It is just a matter whether we get religion in time or just a little too late. I encourage you to get religion in time. Not a connection with bricks and mortar religion, but a personal experience with The One that matters. It's easy; it's real; and, its FREE...pre-paid in full a long, long time ago. Best deal in the Universe. Reference John 3:16. This life is just a dress rehearsal for the really, really important big experience. Best wishes.
Amen! And Thank You! Mine is liver.. prognosis is not good... not good at all. But when my Maker calls I'm ready, I found our Lord years back, He rescued me. He's the Captain of the ship, I'm just along for the ride. I have 2 kids both in college and don't want my rifles or handguns. Have a sizable collection around 100k... have given serious thought to willing to my best friends I grew up with. Probably what I will do... some good folks here on this forum. Thanks for the kind words, especially in the crazy times we are living in..

Amen! And Thank You! Mine is liver.. prognosis is not good... not good at all. But when my Maker calls I'm ready, I found our Lord years back, He rescued me. He's the Captain of the ship, I'm just along for the ride. I have 2 kids both in college and don't want my rifles or handguns. Have a sizable collection around 100k... have given serious thought to willing to my best friends I grew up with. Probably what I will do... some good folks here on this forum. Thanks for the kind words, especially in the crazy times we are living in..
Sanford 338........We will meet in person one day. Peace.

Sanford 338........We will meet in person one day. Peace.
I'm not a religious man anymore. As a retired medical professional in the military (31yrs Royal Canadian Medical Service) I've been all over the world and have seen to many horrible things to believe a god could allow such things. Perhaps I'll find God again. However, I do believe all matter of which we, and the universe are comprised of are very special. I know that when I'm gone I'll continue to be of this universe. Perhaps the carbon of the best shooting barrel. Liver Ca is beatable or at the least you can extend your life so as to Continue impart wisdom to your community And enjoy 😊 ever day you have remaining. I'll continue to look for your posts, but not like a stocker lol. If we ever get our boarders opened come up here to Canada. We'll grab a beer and lobster and do some LR shooting. All the best

There's an interesting post about Tangent Theta's beginning.. Poster in this thread was told by the founder of this Canadian company that they purchased all the manufacturing and testing equipment from defunct PREMIER RETICLE COMPANY. I will never be able to afford a $4000 TT.. l do however have a couple custom PREMIER RETICLE/Leupolds. l can tell the difference between a PREMIER RETICLE Leupold VARI X III and a standard VARI X lll.
Premiers have better clarity/resolution.
Wish l had discovered Premier Reticle before they went out of business

If I HAD to give up my Hensoldts & slum around with a lesser scope, the 27oz Tangent Theta 315LRH in mil/mil would be my first pick.

Oh yeah - I neither drive a KIA nor a Mercedes; just an old, tired longbed pickup.

Hahaha I like your style. Now here is a good question, is a rifle scope worth $8,000?

In regards to handing down guns and other treasured sporting goods, no one described it better than the late Corey Ford from the Golden Age of outdoor writing, before magazines were just gear reviews and ads. You youngsters here won't even understand what I'm talking about. This has always stuck with me. I too have had cancer (prostate) in the last year but with radiation I'm likely fine. I have given away several rifles, shotguns, fly rods, knives, etc. in the last few years to younger folks who have a love of the sport. Better than having them sold and maybe mistreated. Anyway, here's the link to the story. The actual Lower Forty stories referenced at the beginning of the article will seem a little hokey and corny to the younger folks but harken to a simpler time.