Is Tangent Theta worth the $ over NF?

As scopes differ in offerings, features and so many other factors, the final factor is our eyes. They are as variable as scopes. Thr "EYES" have it.

I would buy a NF over the TT for one reason. I don't see NF going out of business soon. I bought 4 premier scopes which are basically the same scope as the TT and I scratched my lense there is no warranty on my scope and TT will not replace my lens which means my $4,000 scope is a tomato stake. I do not see NF going out of business any time soon TT? Who knows

I would buy a NF over the TT for one reason. I don't see NF going out of business soon. I bought 4 premier scopes which are basically the same scope as the TT and I scratched my lense there is no warranty on my scope and TT will not replace my lens which means my $4,000 scope is a tomato stake. I do not see NF going out of business any time soon TT? Who knows
Thats like asking what kind of mpgs a ferrari gets - if you have to ask you can't afford it. If you are worried about a warranty, I wouldnt buy either the TT or Nightforce. You probably should be shopping for a vortex.

Thats like asking what kind of mpgs a ferrari gets - if you have to ask you can't afford it. If you are worried about a warranty, I wouldnt buy either the TT or Nightforce. You probably should be shopping for a vortex.

Seriously, let's get these poors out of here. As a matter of fact, what scrub buys a TT? Hensoldt for the price tag win, baby.

Got to pay to play.

OP, I seriously derailed your thread. Sorry. One thing I have noticed is significant diminishing returns on top tier glass. I couldn't tell you what an extra $1k over a NF ATACR gets you. At a certain point it starts becoming a wash. I messed with a ZCO and didn't really notice anything spectacular about it over an ATACR, SB PMII or Kahles. Don't get me wrong, the ZCO was awesome. Just not sure how much more awesome without really testing them. It's up to you to figure out what specific features you want and what you're willing to pay to get them. If money was no object then getting the TT will make you happy. If you have to pinch some pennies then you probably won't even notice what you could missing using an ATACR.

Any questions Hand Skills ?View attachment 201730
[/QU
Lots of testing and shooting ... your comment shows your ignorance. Anybody who has spent a significant amount of time behind a TT and any other scope testing their tracking and calculating scope error will realize TT is far and away the best. Military contracts don't mean anything, unfortunately...
Yeah, there are a lot of smarter people than me. Always glad to meet another one to learn from. That's why I spent 55 years working to learn something new every day. Teach me. Humor an ignorant old geezer. If you're lucky, you'll be here before you blink. Just pondering, once one reaches 0.0000, where does TT draw from for that "far and away" edge??? Data and procedure, please. Without, it's just touchy, feelys, and IYHO. Regarding military contracts, just sharing facts. They are deadly serious to the young soldiers and their families using those products, and in the case of MK22, to the family company that puts their name on those products for those young warriors. Ronnie and Chris take it seriously and very personally.

If you don't think a $500 fly rod will catch fish, there's marketer's who will convince you a $1000 rod will. Just ordered another Nightforce today. Felt fortunate to find an NX8 at a good price given most dealers are out of that model...

If you don't think a $500 fly rod will catch fish, there's marketer's who will convince you a $1000 rod will.

Isn't that the truth, whether you are talking about fly rods, cars or scopes.

Anyone saying NF's do not track well, or do not hold zero, either does not know what they are talking about or are blowing smoke to try to sell some over-priced flavor-of-the-month.

I shoot 3 - 5 days a week on two busy ranges and shoot matches with real serious LR shooters. I see and shoot many scopes -- lots of NF's, S&B's, Kahles, Leupold, Vortex, Trijicon, etc. I have never even seen a TT, so you aren't likely to get the chance to shoot an ATACR and a TT side-by-side on good rests, which is what you have to do to be able to make a realistic comparison of glass.

Shot one of my 5-25 ATACR's and one of my 15-55 Comp's today at 600 yards. It was about 72 degrees F. but still a lot of heat waves. 25x is okay for a hunting rig but just doesn't cut it for extensive target shooting, for me, even with the very fine MOAR-T reticle. I turned the power on the Comp up until it was in the ideal spot, without looking at the ring. When I did look it was on about 47x. The mirage dances, but like poser-BS on the Internet, you just have to ignore it and shoot. 🤣

This target is by my 100%-pure-factory Rem. 700 Varmint in 7-08 with a NF Comp. For bench varmint shooting I go with an ATACR 5-25. For big game I go with an NXS 5.5-22x50, to keep the weight down. It isn't quite as good glass but that make no difference whatsoever when hunting. For mountain hunting I want an even lighter Trijicon Accupoint, with that wonderful, battery-free illumination. Good, functional illumination can be critical in a hunting scope.

Other than the one I put too little powder in, I kept them all within or close to a 1 MOA circle, centered on the bullseye. The black sticker-dots were 1", indicating the extreme spread of group was about 7". The vast majority were inside a 6" circle. Not bad for a factory 700!

Enjoy the journey!

Last edited:
Bottom line is, TT is making and selling scopes all day long every day. Obviously enough folks think they are worth the extra money. It doesn't make a hill of beans that a lot of people don't. If you have the money and want one, then buy one. If you don't see any benefit, then sell it. There are people buying them constantly on here and other sites. Forget about everyone on here. They're WORTH whatever you're willing to pay for one. I can tell you one thing for sure. Worst case, you'll wind up with one hell of a scope that is better than most anything else out there.