Is Tangent Theta worth the $ over NF?

JARHEAD1371

I'm looking at different scope options for my new build, 25 SST. I'll be using it for hunting and practice out to around 1500 yds. I'm waiting on the XLR and CarbonSix barrel so I have a couple of months to decide. I was going with a NF ATACR, but TT has gotten my attention.

For those who have used both, do you feel the TT is worth almost twice the price of NF? I don't mind paying the premium price, assuming the product is also premium. Thanks for any input.

Tangents are a hand made, very precise product. Great glass and turrets

I doubt there is a single component in a TT that was not made on a machine, so I don't get the "hand made" claim. As for "very precise . . . great glass and turrets," I would say the same about any NF with ED glass (ATACR, Competition, etc.)

I also don't see any company that charges twice as much as NF does staying in business very long. They certainly aren't twice as good as a NF.

I'm looking at different scope options for my new build, 25 SST. I'll be using it for hunting and practice out to around 1500 yds. I'm waiting on the XLR and CarbonSix barrel so I have a couple of months to decide. I was going with a NF ATACR, but TT has gotten my attention.

For those who have used both, do you feel the TT is worth almost twice the price of NF? I don't mind paying the premium price, assuming the product is also premium. Thanks for any input.
I really don't buy in to most I read on products, someone always has something to gain or prove. My KIA will do everything your Mercedes will.
Do yourself a favor though, search the web for reviews of the TT, then NF. I know what you will find.
I myself shy away from top tier glass, only because I know all my upper mid pack scopes would need to be replaced.

There is a point of diminishing returns on everything they are both great scopes I just dont know what the TT can do the nightforce cant of course my eyes are not near as good as they use to be

Ive owned Kahles, NF, TT, Premier, Trijicon, Leupold (including Mk8s), Zeiss v6s, Razor HDs. Everyone's eyes are different and perceive glass/prescriptions differently. Where I feel Kahles presents the best glass a buddy sees chromatic abberation.

I currently own NF and TT and I can say that both are excellent but in my opinion, to my eyes the TT glass is superior. Where you have arguably the best illumination system on the ATACR series, the TT has the toolless zero which I REALLY appreciate on my multi-caliber rifles like my AI's. Gotta decide on what features you need (I could care less for Illumination) and roll with it. Wish I could simply teleport you a few of my optics to have you look side by side! Good luck!

I think the real question is what does the NF leave you wanting? I have shot behind almost every scope except a Schmidt, Zero Compromise, and TT. I do not like the feel of Schmidts as much as I want to. I do not like MIL so ZC is out for me(maybe I am missing something with MOA?). The TT sure felt nice but I personally can't say the NF is leaving me wanting so I can't see the point. I have not noticed any piece of glass over $1K being so bad It would cause issues hunting in any condition so I just can't get super excited about "great" glass.

Last edited: