Is Sako.com legit?

UncleDano

Found some nice Sako rifles at Sako.com (https://sakoarms.com/), but got to wondering why there is no address or phone numbers listed on their website. Also, I see they use Zelle for payment of orders, or crypto coin of some kind. I really don't know if Zelle is a secure payment system, and my bank does not support it.

I sent and email and asked for address and phone number, and asked if they would take PayPal. Their reply ignored my request for address and phone, but said to use PayPal to complete the transaction under family and friends. Send payment to [email protected].

That email address mad me really suspicious!

So I am asking if any of you fine folks have done business with them, before I make a mistake here.

Last edited:
Absolute scam. It is a violation of the Zelle user agreement to pay for firearms with it. If a site uses a cash app such as Zelle, Venmo, PayPal, ApplePay, it's a scam as none of those cash apps allow firearm purchases and no real gun shop would risk having their account seized and funds locked. If they say they accept credit cards and then tell you they can't take a CC at the moment and want you to pay using one of the above apps, run away. Gunbroker has a link to all of these cash apps and their user agreements. All do not allow firearm purchases.

Found some nice Sako rifles at Sako.com (https://sakoarms.com/), but got to wondering why there is no address or phone numbers listed on their website. Also, I see they use Zelle for payment of orders, or crypto coin of some kind. I really don't know if Zelle is a secure payment system, and my bank does not support it.

I sent and email and asked for address and phone number, and asked if they would take PayPal. Their reply ignored my request for address and phone, but said to use PayPal to complete the transaction under family and friends. Send payment to [email protected].

That email address mad me really suspicious!

So I am asking if any of you fine folks have done business with them, before I make a mistake here.
It's a scam. Never trust a site that only takes Zeller. No recourse for scams

Plus on gunsinternational.com you can get some of those old classic Sako's which are amazing…..the FinnBear and FinnWolf models, older Browning Safari's and other FN Mauser actions. Some of the newer Sako 85's are gorgeous but those older rifles from basically any manufacturer can't be beat. I stopped buying new guns a few years ago….I would consider buying a new Over/Under from Browning or Beretta, one of the new Marlin levers or a 10/22, newer Ruger M77's, but other than those I think they just don't make 'em like they used to. Those old Model 70's, Savage 99's, Mannlicher's or Kimber of Oregon models are just fantastic quality.

Recent Posts