Is N570 temp stable?

jonthomps

Can someone help me out: My 300NM seems to really like N570, but I don't have a lot of experience with it. Does anyone know how temperature stable it is?

I have been using VV N570 for a couple years now in my 338 Terminator. I have had no issues with the velocity in summer or winter and have started documenting Velocities at different temps. What I have found so far is, that when both ammo and rifle are allowed to cool to ambient temps, I actually picked up a little velocity in extreme cold conditions. This held true for a cold bore and a follow up. Rifle and ammo was left outside for over an hour for each test. I believe the slight gain in velocity was from the contraction of the barrel and believe the VV N 570 to be pretty temp stable by itself.

Jeff

I concur; back when I had some of the unobtainium powder it worked fine here in Las Vegas and the surrounding desert. No problems, but I developed my load during the summer.

JeffVN

That's great news, thanks. I was a little worried that velocities might swing wildly with temps. What are you guys seeing for velocity variations in different temps? 10-20fps? 30-50fps?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.