Is my trigger safe?

I don't have any issue with various trigger weights, even for myself. Like many, I see how a 3lb trigger has more internal force to lock it down, but sub 1lb pulls can be safe even closing the bolt aggressively. A good safety locks it up all nice and tight, or lifts the striker off the trigger. I agree a Win 70 safety is that extra piece of mind.

@freddiej..can you clarify what is set at 0.008"? Also, what is + engagement? I must just have my stupid hat on!

I'll beat you up about Timney! One of my better triggers is a Timney. It is 2.25 lbs. I like enough trigger weight that I can squeeze the tissue in my finger to a solid mass...about 1lb. The have a decent pull. Maybe I got lucky?

The std Win 70 trigger is ok, but mine have enough slop in their fit to the action to be irregular, even when setup perfect With neither positive or negative angle. If you are a M70 guy, how do you smooth, polish the trigger side? How do you control the side to side slop?

Also, How are you controlling friction? Dry creates a higher pull weight and can be irregular feeling, ime, but greased causes sliding and static friction to be too close which cause creep...ahhh!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.