Is my scope tracking incorrectly or is it "Shooter App"

Good point. If the click value indeed proves to be off you can adjust for it in your ballistic calculator.
Yep, if it's repeatable. I personally wouldn't trust a faulty scope.
If this is the case then the scope needs to go in, however time is not on the OP's side. Vortex has overnighted a buddy of mine some stuff, maybe give them a call if it turns out the scope is faulty.
I've even had the major company with the scope I mentioned above send me a loaner quick fast and in a hurry as I was about to head out of state to Colorado as well. Mine was "fixed" and home waiting on me when I got back and I sent the loaner back in.

Yep, if it's repeatable. I personally wouldn't trust a faulty scope.
If this is the case then the scope needs to go in, however time is not on the OP's side. Vortex has overnighted a buddy of mine some stuff, maybe give them a call if it turns out the scope is faulty.
I've even had the major company with the scope I mentioned above send me a loaner quick fast and in a hurry as I was about to head out of state to Colorado as well. Mine was "fixed" and home waiting on me when I got back and I sent the loaner back in.
I got pretty hot on Vortex to the point I owned 5 of the Viper PST's.

3 were busted right out of the box, with each of them I called their warranty/CS people and in less than 10 days I had them repaired/replaced.

The fourth failed after less than a hundred rounds, same thing, quick service and return but with 4 out of 5 having similar problems that was the end of me buying any more of their products.

If the only problem is that the click values are off that's not that big of a deal to me, the tolerances required to accurately mill them each time are incredibly tight and with any mass production line dong such precision work thee has to be a pretty wide tolerance.

Now obviously if they are jumping track etc or stripping that's a totally different issue and you can't trust it at all.

I would need to achieve ~3,050 fps to make hits on a target at 910 yards with 5.5 Mils elevation. I'm shooting 65.8 grains of H1000 powder now, I don't think I could get enough powder in the case to do that without blowing something up.

We used the same chronograph (Magnetospeed) to recheck my sons 260 Rem. His rifle was shooting 2775 fps and the Shooter App displayed 24.4 moa for 910 yards. Dialed it on his Bushnell scope adjusted for wind and busted the 10" gong.

My rifle constantly shoots at or almost this speed (2,920-2950 fps) depending on powder/bullet lot. The fact that we had first round hits with my sons .260 verifies the ballistic app seems to be working correctly. The only other variable is the Vortex internal adjustments.

I guess when it's my turn to shoot I'll shoot my sons rifle. After the hunt I'll run a box test and a tall target test on the Vortex. This will teach me not to buy a scope this close to hunting season.

I would need to achieve ~3,050 fps to make hits on a target at 910 yards with 5.5 Mils elevation. I'm shooting 65.8 grains of H1000 powder now, I don't think I could get enough powder in the case to do that without blowing something up.

We used the same chronograph (Magnetospeed) to recheck my sons 260 Rem. His rifle was shooting 2775 fps and the Shooter App displayed 24.4 moa for 910 yards. Dialed it on his Bushnell scope adjusted for wind and busted the 10" gong.

My rifle constantly shoots at or almost this speed (2,920-2950 fps) depending on powder/bullet lot. The fact that we had first round hits with my sons .260 verifies the ballistic app seems to be working correctly. The only other variable is the Vortex internal adjustments.

I guess when it's my turn to shoot I'll shoot my sons rifle. After the hunt I'll run a box test and a tall target test on the Vortex. This will teach me not to buy a scope this close to hunting season.
You can shoot the box test in just a few minutes, no need to wait to find out.

Also check all your inputs, a simple error in them could be your whole problem.

There isn't any way I can get back out to shoot before we leave early Friday, work has me busy.

I've recheck the ballistic app till I'm blue in the face. I can't find anything.

I don't even have time to remount my old scope and use it. I know it tracked true. I assumed a Vortex Razor would as well.

Check the powder temp, sight height, and temp settings in the app. Make sure the zero range is right as well as having a true zero at specified distance. When I built my 22 profile on the app I put something in wrong and chased bullets one day until noticed it was off. I always put in the density altitude and the temp.

Believe me, I've checked everything in the app. My old scope was moa and shot great with the ballistic app. The only difference now is, it's a mil scope, and I made the corrections for that.
As has been stated, data kind of indicates a ~10% error in scope internals. I'll test scope once I get back and post results.

Adjust the click value and go hunting; you don't have time to do anything else. Maybe hold off on 900 yard shots on antelope until you know whats going on.

Chronographs lie. Ballistic apps lie.Scope adjustments lie. A bit of mirage can make the position you see the target at a lie too.

My money is on the scope. The slickest way way I've found to test that is to mount it up on a accurate .22 and put it through its paces, spinning those turrets like an aboriginie trying to start a fire. A few boxes of shells later it'll either be proven or in the mail.

Definitely 10% off on the optic. I fiddled with all manner of things and that's the only one that got it there. OP, you'll find a gift in your email. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.