Is my Bergara Bergarbage?

Hmmm...........I would be more impressed if they had recorded the reticle position as received, smacked it on rubber and noted if the reticle alignment had moved ( included that in the video).......and THEN center aligned the reticle , going through the videoed procedure to pronounce it stable.
My favorite scope company put what seemed like 4 wheel drive leaf springs in the tube to keep the reticle from moving. At least , they did before being taken over by a cost cutting foreign group.
What was your favorite scope company if you don't mind me asking? Just curious, I'm not out to harass you about it.

Once again, I totally understand your frustrations. I wish you lived close. I would have give you a hand with trouble shooting. I haven't took the moa guarantee by any rifle manufacturers seriously in a long time.

Nate has been great as far as offering to help and go above and beyond. He's correct, given the situation NF didn't offer up much and hasn't been the best to deal with. They wouldn't let me use a loaner over their 1 month+ turn around time but Nate offered to cover that.... I'm going to stick up for him/them as he's still offering help even thought they did their testing and found it to be acceptable. If it's their issue it sounds like he's sticking around to take care of it.

NF wrote up an RMA for the rings. I'm going to remount and level it a third time MYSELF tomorrow and see if it's fixed before waiting on an RMA again.

NF said the scope body had signs of movement in the rings. As I mentioned before I physically watched two different smiths mount and level it to the proper torque specs with my own eyes so... not sure how it could have been loose, but we'll see.
Don't think I've ever had such quick and decisive action taken WRT a rifle, as I have from bergara. I have a bergara B-14 HMR from the early days. It's a 6.5CM. The issue was with the bolt Shroud; where the threads became stripped. Anyhow once they realized I was in Canada they gave me a name and direct phone number to the person responsible for issuing the part. I had it in less then a week. Awesome service.

I'll state this again to the OP because I cannot remember if I stated this before and will also ask his forgiveness in advance if I'm digging at fresh wounds here. If you haven't already tried Berger hybrid target bullets then do so. Seem to me you were using a Berger but not a hybrid target. However, only if you feel revisiting your loads are necessary of course. I've found that they are the most forgiving bullet WRT seating deaths for correlation of predicted accuracy down range. It's been my experience that some LR and VLR bullets (Mainly Berger VLDs) can be hard to nail down the right seating depth for accuracy. ( time and expense needed ). As well, again, only if you feel you need to. If you can source some Vihtavuori powder do that and trial with that. IMHO (and experience) it's the most consistent powder that provides me the best SD and predicted accuracy down range. (Bell curved predicte)
Every rifle that I've developed a load for ALWAYS GETS A BERGER HYBRID ( if not available in that caliber then it gets a bullet with a high scoring G7 FF) and VIHTAVUORI powder FIRST; as it frequently tells me if I'm dealing with a rifle that has predicted accuracy down range (10fps SD or lower is my standard for hunting out to 800M). I chrono everything with my LabRadar. For you I'd recommend the 168gr /185gr hybrid target and VV N165 (has a fill capacity of 100% so an excellent choice for consistency) N160 is better if shooting in extreme temp. swings.

I was serious when I stated that you should seek the help of your local club. These champions are that for a reason. they can be a source of invaluable assistance and 9/10 for free. Especially when your having Issues. Good luck and keep us all up to date.
Also. Not to start a bun fight here but I'd say once you're 99% complete WRT eliminating rings, et all;
And it brings you back to the scope. Perhaps reaching out to the rifle manufacturer and or the source store to ask them to contact NF. If that brings no satisfaction then perhaps reaching out to a scope manufacturer that's in close competition and see what they can do. Nothing wrong with healthy competition. I'm sure that the other makers in the top 10 would love to help you.

Again I truly do wish you the best as this has been a great learning experience for many here who have been following this closely. You deserve a happy outcome.
just my 2c.

Both companies said their equipment passed their test all you can do is trust them or prove them wrong video what you are doing on your phone with someone else with experience shooting all I know the time I called NightForce first thing out of the young mans mouth was our scopes don't have problems you can't bad mouth a rifle company when you have a man that said he would do whatever he could to help frustration gets you no where perseverance does. David
longest sent eveeeerrrrrrr. I think I agree. 😉

I think you should've sent the rifle and scope to a neutral party to work on it. Plenty of members here that would. I'd have gladly worked on it, shot it, checked it, and doubled checked everything. I get it though as you've been down a long road. Sometimes better to just walk away and lick your wounds. Life is too short to ruin the simple pleasures we all enjoy. I did the same with a 2015 Ram 3500 4x4 diesel that I had bought new,8 recalls and 6 breakdowns by end of 2018. I Got rid of it last year with only 16000 miles. I was ready to launch it into the F'n canyon. Anyways, sorry for your frustrations. Good luck sir.

Last edited:
I think you should've sent the rifle and scope to a neutral party to work on it. Plenty of members here that would. I'd have gladly worked on it, shot it, checked it, and doubled checked everything. I get it though as you've been down a long road. Sometimes better to just walk away and lick your wounds. Life is too short to ruin the simple pleasures we all enjoy. I did the same with a 2015 Ram 3500 4x4 diesel that I had bought new,8 recalls and 6 breakdowns by end of 2018. I Got rid of it last year with only 16000 miles. I was ready to launch it into the F'n canyon. Anyways, sorry for your frustrations. Good luck sir.
Lololololo, not really. I'm at that point with my 2018 F350 6.7 PSD, SRW, 4X4 Lariat. Never made it to 1K before the tyranny needed a rebuild. 3 death wobble incidents (and 3 underwear changing episodes too)...Wait. This isn't the Super Duty forum 🚘🚘

Lololololo, not really. I'm at that point with my 2018 F350 6.7 PSD, SRW, 4X4 Lariat. Never made it to 1K before the tyranny needed a rebuild. 3 death wobble incidents (and 3 underwear changing episodes too)...Wait. This isn't the Super Duty forum 🚘🚘
Glad you didn't crash! Frustrating isn't it?? DEPENDS anyone. Point being, got rid of it and moved ON!

Doesn't matter anymore. I hucked the whole pile of **** and now it's really broken. Done. Not another penny. Whatever company is responsible for the defect I hope you get brutally sodomized by a rutting bull elk next season.

i'm going to buy a set up worth a **** and use it to blow up this entire rifle with 10 pounds of tanner right. I'll make sure I stop by and upload the video

Thanks for the help from everyone that tried. Peace.
Sometimes that's just what you have to do n move on. Been there

You know, Bergara bent over backwards to make this right. They shot the rifle and it was fine. Never owned a NF and never will (too pricey for me). Seriously bet many on here would buy both rather than just blowing it up as many like to tinker. Think with your checkbook! Why not recoup something from your investment, go buy a Tikka, Burris rings, and your scope of choice? Rare to have a Sako/Tikka not shoot. Go shoot your bow. Reclaim your Zen.