Is my Bergara Bergarbage?

Well, I didn't see Nightforce offering to send him a loaner gun so your criticism seems a bit unfounded -- especially when it is not definitive that there is an issue with the rifle in the first place. I'm not trying to pick a fight or be disrespectful. I'm simply asking that you and others reserve judgment since apparently none of us have conclusive facts.

I honestly don't know what to think. Can rings somehow be defective? The optic was 100% not loose in the rings or on the rifle.

I have the worst luck ever. Previously I've had an ACOG go bad in the middle of the hunt (prism came loose and shot minute of barn) and 2 defective Elcans straight from the factory. Not to mention a Surefire 600DF also defective out of the box(just got it back), a PMM fore end rail that was out of spec and got stuck on my SCAR17, a bolt catch that was forged wrong and got stuck and wouldn't come out without being drilled permanently screwing up a lower. The Bergara being out of spec(They did say regardless of the optic defect it needed to be recut) And several other similar issues...

I don't buy garbage quality gun stuff. But if there's a 1 in a million chance of a defective product from a reputable mfg I will get it.
I've been down the road you are on more than once. I'm not saying that you don't have a bad scope because it is possible but in my massive amount of bolt action rifles that I've owned, nearly all of my grouping issues have been rifle or load related and hardly ever the scopes ability to hold zero. Most situations were the rifle itself, actually the barrel itself to be specific. I know you are in a predicament and disgusted as I would be myself. You've laid down a lot of money for what you have and have no results. It always seems to be a crap shoot with factory rifles. Savage has been the best of my experience among economy rifles but even they have had some bad feedback at times. If it were me, I would go with another rifle.

It absolutely should be. In the offset chance it's not 100% up to expectations I'm here to make it right. Cheers.
Nate has been great as far as offering to help and go above and beyond. He's correct, given the situation NF didn't offer up much and hasn't been the best to deal with. They wouldn't let me use a loaner over their 1 month+ turn around time but Nate offered to cover that.... I'm going to stick up for him/them as he's still offering help even thought they did their testing and found it to be acceptable. If it's their issue it sounds like he's sticking around to take care of it.

NF wrote up an RMA for the rings. I'm going to remount and level it a third time MYSELF tomorrow and see if it's fixed before waiting on an RMA again.

NF said the scope body had signs of movement in the rings. As I mentioned before I physically watched two different smiths mount and level it to the proper torque specs with my own eyes so... not sure how it could have been loose, but we'll see.

Oh and side note just because it's funny....

Sure fire sent me a total replacement for my 600 DF. But they stole my expensive SR07 tape switch in the process hahahaha😂

Nate has been great as far as offering to help and go above and beyond. He's correct, given the situation NF didn't offer up much and hasn't been the best to deal with. They wouldn't let me use a loaner over their 1 month+ turn around time but Nate offered to cover that.... I'm going to stick up for him/them as he's still offering help even thought they did their testing and found it to be acceptable. If it's their issue it sounds like he's sticking around to take care of it.

NF wrote up an RMA for the rings. I'm going to remount and level it a third time MYSELF tomorrow and see if it's fixed before waiting on an RMA again.

NF said the scope body had signs of movement in the rings. As I mentioned before I physically watched two different smiths mount and level it to the proper torque specs with my own eyes so... not sure how it could have been loose, but we'll see.

Maybe bed the rings. Seen a lot of this lately and folks lapping and bedding to resolve.

It absolutely should be. In the offset chance it's not 100% up to expectations I'm here to make it right. Cheers.

I don't see the NF CEO on here promising to make it right, just saying. I'm pretty sure someone in the NF chain knows about this post string.

This is why I try to gear up with smaller quality companies, like Maven Optics, Christensen Arms, and EXO mountain gear. Bergara is now on my short list for my next rifle. Sometimes companies just get too big to care or be responsive to their customers.

This is why I almost always use Burris signature rings. Doesn't matter how off your bases are the rings will still mount your scope torque free. Never again get a ring mark on your tube. They hold very tight with little screw torque. Just degrease the plastic rings before you mount it up. They come with a ton of lube on them.
Shep

Recent Posts