Is my Bergara Bergarbage?

You don't have to hold it like a greased pig. You just have to hold it the same each time.
Shep
OK. Very strange nothing seems to be different or abnormal from any other gun. Going to try to shoot some more tomorrow with a Chrono and a friend provided it doesn't rain.

OK. Very strange nothing seems to be different or abnormal from any other gun. Going to try to shoot some more tomorrow with a Chrono and a friend provided it doesn't rain.
Nothing's changed. Either I have a magical force preventing me from shooting 300 WinMag and my chrono is broken or this thing isn't right. ES is still showing 150fps.

32x night Force. Reticle is dead nuts on POA without wiggle. Shots felt absolutely perfect except one or two I could feel that I threw.

Attachments

• 3671879C-64BF-421F-B637-7A8ED4F3B8FE.jpeg
    3671879C-64BF-421F-B637-7A8ED4F3B8FE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
Nothing's changed. Either I have a magical force preventing me from shooting 300 WinMag and my chrono is broken or this thing isn't right. ES is still showing 150fps.

32x night Force. Reticle is dead nuts on POA without wiggle. Shots felt absolutely perfect except one or two I could feel that I threw.

I can no longer offer useful suggestions. If a known person who shoots magnum rifles well is getting these same groups, and quality factory ammo is showing 150 FPS variation then something is very wrong. If it wasn't for the really wide ES I would suspect a bedding issue the way those impacts are moving around on the target. I have previously suggested returning the gun for a refund or having it completely re-barreled by the maker. Outside of that, there is no cure for the problems you are having.

Maybe the gun is telling you that you should become a vegetarian!

Just kidding, I cannot imagine your frustration.

I also agree with that ES spread, there's no way to shoot consistent groups. If you have confidence that the problem is not the ammo (either good factory ammo or good reloads) it's got to be the barrel or the chambering.

I'd try to work with Bergara and get a new replacement, not anymore repairs on this one. Hopefully the Bergara executive that chimed in earlier can get his folks to swap you out.

Be nice for Bergara to compensate you somehow for all the time and money you've got into trying to make this rifle work, but at this point, I'd take a new rifle and run.

Maybe the gun is telling you that you should become a vegetarian!

Just kidding, I cannot imagine your frustration.

I also agree with that ES spread, there's no way to shoot consistent groups. If you have confidence that the problem is not the ammo (either good factory ammo or good reloads) it's got to be the barrel or the chambering.

I'd try to work with Bergara and get a new replacement, not anymore repairs on this one.
I contacted Nate and I'm hoping he will give me a call. Bergara Took it back and said they re-cut the chamber and sent it back with this test target.... I know I'm flip-flopping a lot but I'm just trying to figure this out. something doesn't add up I may not be as good a shooter is there guy but there is no freaking way there is that much of a difference between us.

Attachments

• C674D1B4-7AF4-4B25-9CC9-704D675DD0D0.jpeg
    C674D1B4-7AF4-4B25-9CC9-704D675DD0D0.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 137
If your chrono is accurate, and your ammo is good, your ES should be close to single digit. An ES of 150 is not conducive to long range hunting.
What is the absolute max you guys would tolerate for an ES on either precision handloads or factory match grade ammo?

When handloading what kind of variances would you expect out of a single granule of powder difference?

ES all depends on your target range. If your only shooting to 4-500 yards you can have a 30-50 ES and it not be noticeable for hunting targets, competition is a different story. Anything 20 and below is good. 1 kernel of powder will not change ES a bunch.

ES all depends on your target range. If your only shooting to 4-500 yards you can have a 30-50 ES and it not be noticeable for hunting targets, competition is a different story. Anything 20 and below is good. 1 kernel of powder will not change ES a bunch.
Then it is either the rifle or my Chrono giving false readings. I reload like a Tweaker to the last granule.
Just grab my buddies 300 WinMag. Going to swap optics and shoot both side-by-side through the Chrono with match grade ammo.

Man if you lived near me I would be glad to help out. It really sucks when you struggle with troubleshooting a rifle problem. Only thing you can do is change one thing at a time. The 2 things different from the factory group and yours are you and the scope. I would start there at this point. I would say the chrony is nothing reading correct also. That is alot of ES even for factory ammo.
Shep

I contacted Nate and I'm hoping he will give me a call. Bergara Took it back and said they re-cut the chamber and sent it back with this test target.... I know I'm flip-flopping a lot but I'm just trying to figure this out. something doesn't add up I may not be as good a shooter is there guy but there is no freaking way there is that much of a difference between us.
Did bergara state what ammo they used for this target?

Man if you lived near me I would be glad to help out. It really sucks when you struggle with troubleshooting a rifle problem. Only thing you can do is change one thing at a time. The 2 things different from the factory group and yours are you and the scope. I would start there at this point. I would say the chrony is nothing reading correct also. That is alot of ES even for factory ammo.
Shep
I wish I did too. I'm sinking a small fortune into this. Just bought more factory match grade to swap optics with the buddies and realized he doesn't have a rail, so I can't switch optics without having to buy different rings and re leveling them both.

guess Im at a stall point. Until I can locate a great shooter to mess with mine or find another rifle to put my optic on I'm stuck.

Did bergara state what ammo they used for this target?
They did and I used the exact same ammo.