Is my Bergara Bergarbage?

Sorry the picture quality turned out even worse after he sent them through text. He said the chamber had a bunch of circles in the metal like it was cut poorly?

He also said if I just cleaned it and shot only 10 rounds through it, it was strangely crudded up. He said the camera was showing pieces of copper, and for some reason a lot of lead like it was stripping an unusual amount off the bullet.
As we like to say in the Southwest, No Bueno!!

To hot of a load I have had 6 bergara rifles on the bench 1 Was b14 hmr 300 win mag 185 Berger's 75 gr H1000 cci200. Half inch all day long. 77 with a cci 250 is probably to hot Saying that seating depth really made a difference es about 18fps I did have problems with a firing pin spring on a hmr pro. a call got me a new spring in 2 days they also ga e me the option to send it in. Try that with your Remington customer service. Replaced 3 remingtons with bergaras and there will be more in the future

"On the plus side, yay I get to gun shop. Any recommendations on something similar in 300WinMag with a sub MOA guarantee that actually shoots it? Needs to be capable of accepting a thread on Dead Air muzzle brake. "

Tikka T3 would be my choice were I in your shoes.
Good luck w/ whatever you decide.
You deserve a break with all you've been thru!

Afternoon Gentleman! In full transparency, it should be known that I work for Bergara in Lawrenceville, Georgia.

I'm not here to get into any debates or try to dissuade your opinions on Bergara. I simply wanted to reach out to make sure that 101stCurrahee had our contact information so we can help diagnose his concerns. There are a ton of variables that go into hand loads and that's why we always benchmark with either match or premium factory loads for feed, function and accuracy purposes. If it will perform for factory loads then you can reasonably expect to improve using safe reloading. practices. For the 300 WM specifically, our go to load is the Norma 180 gr Oryx. Another bullet that shoots extremely consistent for us are the 185 Gr Juggernauts.

As for the bedding, the rifle should not need it. It is molded around an aluminum mini-chassis that is very solid. What i have seen sometimes is that a little bit of paint gets built up on the pillars and that can cause the gun to be fussy until removed.
View attachment 191949
At any rate, we absolutely guarantee our product to perform as advertised. If you believe you have an issue please do not hesitate to call us at 877-892-7544 or feel free to email me directly and I will have a technical support person call you. My email is [email protected].

Thanks,

Nate Treadaway

When can I get a HMR PRO in a left handed action?

I have two Bergara B14 HMR, one in 7mm Rem Mag and the other in 6.5 Creed, the 7 mag is for my Grandson and I have 90 rounds down the barrel and since day one it has been shooting 1 MOA with Factory and my hand loads with CCI 250, Hornady brass, 65 gr. H1000 and 168 Berger HVLD seated with a .050 jump produces a three shot group .742 MOA with a ES 5 and SD 2. The 6.5 Creedmoor, I have not had the time to play with it and only have 5 rounds down the barrel, it shot a little less than 1 MOA sighting it in. My experience with these two rifles, as little as it has been, has shown me they are a very well built rifle. I have more Bergara's in my future, I am looking into buying one next year in 300 PRC, not sure if I want the HMR Pro or HMR Wilderness. I feel for you with the problems you are experiencing, but they do have a lifetime guarantee and I would believe, especially with the CEO involved, you will have your rifle fixed and maybe back in a timely manner, only one way to find out. You will need to keep us updated on the outcome, we are all very interested in what the problem turns out to be.

They are a great rifle but the Bergera is 900 bucks and the Fierce almost 2600. If a guy has that kind of scratch there are lots of great choices.
You can buy a Fierce for under 2 k Go on Gunbroker and look Its the fancy barrels and bolts that get pricey

"On the plus side, yay I get to gun shop. Any recommendations on something similar in 300WinMag with a sub MOA guarantee that actually shoots it? Needs to be capable of accepting a thread on Dead Air muzzle brake. "

Tikka T3 would be my choice were I in your shoes.
Good luck w/ whatever you decide.
You deserve a break with all you've been thru!
I would try to find something with a heavier/stiffer barrel than a standard sporter contour, but that's just me. I've got a proof cf barrel in 7mm rm that's a shooter. Savage has an appealing package in their light weight CF proof barreled rifle

I would try to find something with a heavier/stiffer barrel than a standard sporter contour, but that's just me. I've got a proof cf barrel in 7mm rm that's a shooter. Savage has an appealing package in their light weight CF proof barreled rifle

Keep in mind this is a hunting rifle too and I do lay down some miles. This bergara with a nightforce scope, a bipod, and a suppressor was already pretty heavy.

although I should probably just buy a strictly ELR target rifle now

Keep in mind this is a hunting rifle too and I do lay down some miles. This bergara with a nightforce scope, a bipod, and a suppressor was already pretty heavy.

although I should probably just buy a strictly ELR target rifle now
The proof cf barrel Savage might be worth a try. It's light. Proof usually cranks out some well made barrels. But again, I think that rifle weights about 6.5lbs and even with a good brake it's going to take discipline running a 215 Berger in that rig in order to shoot it to it's potential.

What do you mean usually makes a good barrel. It's the most popular barrel in PRS right now. Those guys demand a consistent barrel. Pretty much today if you stick with the big names you will get a good barrel 99.97 percent of the time. I made that number up but you get the point. They can't afford to make a bad barrel. This thread is proof why. Anytime someone gets something bad it goes to the public to hear. Then the company has a chance to make it right. Then we the public find out how that went. If that goes bad then they are stabbing their self in the foot. On one thread a guy sent his Savage back 3 times and it's still not right. If I was in charge of Savage some people would be looking for new jobs right now. I own 2 businesses and if a customer gets a bad product I bend over backwards to make it right. I don't care if it cost me double the product they bought. If it stops bad press and creates good press it's worth it to me to do so. So many big corporate manufacturers don't seem to care. The penny pinching accounts are costing these companies more than they save and just can't see it. If bergara was to see this thread they should hand select the most accurate replacement they can find and throw in some swag. With the internet and forums like this they can't afford not too. Same with barrel companies. Bullet companies. Powder companies. Every company.
Shep

Bang your head.gif