Is my Bergara Bergarbage?

I hope you're in a position where your actions didn't hurt you too badly financially, but I got to hand it to ya buddy. There's not a person on this site that hasn't dreamed of doing what you just did!!

Bravo my friend, f7cking bravo!!
I never had a rifle that I wanted to do that to but I've ran across many other things that I would

Last edited:
Morning everyone. This is going to be my last post/comment on this thread.

I honestly feel that this post from day one has been very negatively slanted against Bergara (beginning with the headline) and for largely unfounded reasons. We have worked hard with the OP to try and resolve the situation to his liking (including loaning an optic and also recently including offering a full refund of his purchase price assuming he truly didn't throw it in the gravel pit).

When the rifle came back the initial inspection on the accuracy complaint we did go through a few of our standard accuracy robbing touch-up steps such as touching up the recrowning, touching up head-space, lapping lugs etc.

Before we shipped the rifle back to the OP we accuracy verified it with 3 groups. The first three groups we shot, on an outdoor range, using factory Burgers, from a 60 something year old gunsmith were all sub-MOA. A picture of the target is attached for verification.
I'm not implying that Bergara is perfect. However, everyone needs to understand that when a rifle leaves our facility there are a multitude of factors that are beyond our control. Same goes for Nightforce and optics. Things like the entire rifle set-up, ammo, rings, shooting conditions, and yes, even sometimes the shooter themselves are beyond the manufacturers control.

I hope everyone pause and comprehend this before jumping to conclusions. I hope everyone also understands that whenever an inevitable issue arrises with a Bergara our company, including the CEO, are accessible, and even proactive, at attempting to help resolve. I wouldn't be sitting here typing this on a Saturday morning if that were not the case.

Enjoy your weekend. I'm headed to the range for a little group therapy for myself.

Attachments

• DDB75F7B-60C9-414B-A436-12BF603C5FF7.jpeg
    DDB75F7B-60C9-414B-A436-12BF603C5FF7.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 268

I honestly feel that this post from day one has been very negatively slanted against Bergara (beginning with the headline) and for largely unfounded reasons. We have worked hard with the OP to try and resolve the situation to his liking (including loaning an optic and also recently including offering a full refund of his purchase price assuming he truly didn't throw it in the gravel pit).

When the rifle came back the initial inspection on the accuracy complaint we did go through a few of our standard accuracy robbing touch-up steps such as touching up the recrowning, touching up head-space, lapping lugs etc.

Before we shipped the rifle back to the OP we accuracy verified it with 3 groups. The first three groups we shot, on an outdoor range, using factory Burgers, from a 60 something year old gunsmith were all sub-MOA. A picture of the target is attached for verification.
I'm not implying that Bergara is perfect. However, everyone needs to understand that when a rifle leaves our facility there are a multitude of factors that are beyond our control. Same goes for Nightforce and optics. Things like the entire rifle set-up, ammo, rings, shooting conditions, and yes, even sometimes the shooter themselves are beyond the manufacturers control.

I hope everyone pause and comprehend this before jumping to conclusions. I hope everyone also understands that whenever an inevitable issue arrises with a Bergara our company, including the CEO, are accessible, and even proactive, at attempting to help resolve. I wouldn't be sitting here typing this on a Saturday morning if that were not the case.

Enjoy your weekend. I'm headed to the range for a little group therapy for myself.
You did work hard and stopped just short of doing everything possible as I mentioned in an earlier post to a company like yours you could absorb the cost of one rifle and not even sneeze and then you would be totally exonerated from anything and yes this post is slightly negative towards Bergara because they have had many small problems but they are problems and people spend good money to buy a good product and feelThey did not get what they paid for in this case it is very publicly known by many I would think you would just go the extra mile swap out the rifle to save your own reputation I personally don't believe there's anything wrong with the optics or the rings due to prior problems with bergara rifles of which I know one personally

Last edited:

Thank you, your professionalism is enjoyable.
I do hope you will be lookin' in on us regular, sorta' over the shoulder .

You know, Bergara bent over backwards to make this right. They shot the rifle and it was fine. Never owned a NF and never will (too pricey for me). Seriously bet many on here would buy both rather than just blowing it up as many like to tinker. Think with your checkbook! Why not recoup something from your investment, go buy a Tikka, Burris rings, and your scope of choice? Rare to have a Sako/Tikka not shoot. Go shoot your bow. Reclaim your Zen.
You did work hard and stopped just short of doing everything possible as I mentioned in an earlier post to a company like yours you could absorb the cost of one rifle and not even sneeze and then you would be totally exonerated from anything and yes this post is slightly negative towards Bergara because they have had many small problems but they are problems and people spend good money to buy a good product and feelThey did not get what they paid for in this case it is very publicly known by many I would think you would just go the extra mile swap out the rifle to save your own reputation I personally don't believe there's anything wrong with the optics or the rings due to prior problems with bergara rifles of which I know one personally
what happens when the man can't shoot the next gun any better and the next and the next I can't see any gun shooting as bad as his was this day and age I wouldn't own a savage hi power just because the actions are rough and the barrels rougher but that don't mean they don't shoot every bergara I've picked up has ran as smooth as my custom stuff so until everyone on here was able to put there hands on that rifle no one knows for sure what was taking place if he can afford to destroy 2500 dollars worth of stuff he could of came up with a different scope to try I call bs on it. David

So 29 pages of posts only to reach the end of the thread and learn that the scope and rifle were blown up..... feels like a Stephen King novel; lots of reading and plot development then the world ends.

My experience with Nightforce is they're customer service sucks and they seem to forever deny their scopes break even when they're obviously broken...but they still make a **** tough scope. It's a love/hate thing. I love my NXS scopes but I hate talking to the company.

A couple questions I came up with along the way:
In case they haven't been blown up, why not sell the NX8 and buy a different optic.

Why did the Smith only have 1 old Tasco laying around, seems like everyone Ive worked with would've mounted a scope of their own to test fire for groups and they usually have a couple good scopes sitting around unmounted.

Hey Bill,

Did you see they offered to give him a full refund so he could purchase any rifle HE wanted? That's no different then "swapping out the rifle". Not arguing with you but I really don't think they could've done anymore. Personally I'd want the cashola. "Test target is attached" with great groups. "Offered to loan another optic." At the point of getting the refund he could've gotten anything he wanted and probably should have. I personally think the service was spot on with Bergara. I didn't read all the details about NF and have no comment there. Anyways....

Last edited:
Hey Bill,

Did you see they offered to give him a full refund so he could purchase any rifle HE wanted? That's no different then "swapping out the rifle". Not arguing with you but I really don't think they could've done anymore. Personally I'd want the cashola. "Test target is attached" with great groups. "Offered to loan another optic." At the point of getting the refund he could've gotten anything he wanted and probably should have. I personally think the service was spot on with Bergara. I didn't read all the details about NF and have no comment there. Anyways....
No I did not see that you know there are over 400 posts I was reading them all at first but just got to be way too much I personally agree I would've taken the money

I purchased two Bergara B14 HMR this year one in 7mag the other in 6.5 Creedmoor, the 7 Mag was a present to my Grandson, I load developed it for him and from day one has shot Sub MOA, he is estatic with the rifle, calls it his dream rifle, the Creedmoor I have not had the time to load develop yet, but 15 rounds down it with Factory ammo, Federal 120gr HP have shown nothing but Sub MOA accuracy. I will be glad when it cools down, I have some 140 Berger's and 130 Berger's to try. I plan to purchase another one in the spring, cannot decide if I want it in the B14 Wilderness or step on up into the Ridgeback, still have not decided in 7mag or 300PRC, to many choices. 😁. I personally do not think he trashed the gun and scope, that would have been a foolish thing, especially with the Manufacturer offering a refund..

When my buddy got his HMR pro back it shot very well I got to give them that but we are both still perplexed on how it was test fired when new and it was we scoped the bore and it was dirty but they must've change the bolt out or something he was not given a test target and was not told exactly what was done to repair it

Doesn't matter anymore. I hucked the whole pile of **** and now it's really broken. Done. Not another penny. Whatever company is responsible for the defect I hope you get brutally sodomized by a rutting bull elk next season.

i'm going to buy a set up worth a **** and use it to blow up this entire rifle with 10 pounds of tanner right. I'll make sure I stop by and upload the video

Thanks for the help from everyone that tried. Peace.
1594476851294.gif

Last edited by a moderator: