Is my Bergara Bergarbage?

I'm gonna take a wild stab at this. I'm gonna guess that if you took a cleaning rod with a tight patch on a jag and measured your actual twist, it's gonna be a 12 twist or more. If that's not the issue, it's possible you may have muzzle swelling. What size is you muzzle brake threads?

I wish I did too. I'm sinking a small fortune into this. Just bought more factory match grade to swap optics with the buddies and realized he doesn't have a rail, so I can't switch optics without having to buy different rings and re leveling them both.

guess Im at a stall point. Until I can locate a great shooter to mess with mine or find another rifle to put my optic on I'm stuck.

They did and I used the exact same ammo.
I'd gladly lend you a scope but Idaho is a long way from Tennessee it just kills me to read all the problems you were having I had a buddy that bought a brand new bergarA HMR pro in 65 Creedmoor with four different types of ammo it would not fire a single round he sent it back when we got it back it worked but they did not say what was done just demand a new rifle and be done with it

So check this out. It's either bergara or nightforce. I reshot my buddies 300 WinMag with the ammunition he said his likes side by side with my Bergara 4 rounds through his vs 3 through mine.... not sub MOA but his scope is 8x mine is 32x...it ain't me guys...

Attachments

• 316739CA-EF36-4488-A428-1ABAB9AC59FD.jpeg
    316739CA-EF36-4488-A428-1ABAB9AC59FD.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 123
  • 4A1D137D-1922-4405-A36C-285C5593CB9F.jpeg
    4A1D137D-1922-4405-A36C-285C5593CB9F.jpeg
    813.3 KB · Views: 126
So check this out. It's either bergara or nightforce. I reshot my buddies 300 WinMag with the ammunition he said his likes side by side with my Bergara 4 rounds through his vs 3 through mine.... not sub MOA but his scope is 8x mine is 32x...it ain't me guys...
Well I guess that narrows it down there is no way I believe it is a night for optic being the problem I own two one of which is on a 338 Lapua with over 4000 rounds and I've never had a problem

Have you inspected your muzzle brake or shot without it? Have you measured to see how much clearance you have on the muzzle brake?

Well I guess that narrows it down there is no way I believe it is a night for optic being the problem I own two one of which is on a 338 Lapua with over 4000 rounds and I've never had a problem
Well I only see two scenarios here. Either I got the rare defective nightforce or bergara didn't fix it.

I may owe them a sincere apology.
Have you inspected your muzzle brake or shot without it? Have you measured to see how much clearance you have on the muzzle brake?
absolutely. Most of these test were without the break. Although I have shot it both ways. No difference

Last edited:
Then it is either the rifle or my Chrono giving false readings. I reload like a Tweaker to the last granule.
Just grab my buddies 300 WinMag. Going to swap optics and shoot both side-by-side through the Chrono with match grade ammo.

if you or a buddy have another rifle that shoots sub .5 moa, check the ES on a 10-round group. If the ES is +100, it's likely the chrono. If the ES on a known shooter is lower than what you're getting on the Bergara, it's probably not your chrono.

Every scope made can break. Doesn't matter who makes it or what you shoot it on. It's a mechanical device with some small intricate parts. I would not proceed till you can put another scope on it and verify yours is proper.
Shep
I agree that any scope made could possibly break or fail, but that wouldn't explain the ES of 150 with premium factory ammo.

I agree that any scope made could possibly break or fail, but that wouldn't explain the ES of 150 with premium factory ammo.
Could be the chrono. It does throw frequents errors and "dupes" which I really doubt are exactly the same. Considering I'm getting such a large ES what are the odds of two being identical.

Just need to eliminate the variables. Personally I wouldn't even fuss with the chrono till you get it shooting.
Shep
I'm not. I was planning on throwing the night force on an AR tomorrow and shooting some groups. What are your thoughts? I know it won't have anywhere near the recoil but if it was that messed up you'd imagine at least 3 inch groups on that platform right?

ideally I will be able to locate a bolt gun with a rail to try it on eventually.