Is it to much

Sean223

I have 12mm between scope objective and barrel. Is this to much and will it affect my acracy. I could change it or buy a different mount but if it doesn't matter to much I could live with it. Mybe am just worrying to much. Thanks for any help guys.

What's important is that your eye aligns comfortably behind the scope when you have a comfortable hold on the rifle. A proper hold is a subject of it's own. Proper scope height depends not only on the rifle and scope but every bit as much on the shape and dimensions of YOUR face.

There is nothing magic about trying to keep a scope close to the barrel....or far away. You do need to input the actual spacing of the centerline of the bore to the centerline of the scope to obtain correct results from any ballistics computer program.

I have 12mm between scope objective and barrel. Is this to much and will it affect my acracy. I could change it or buy a different mount but if it doesn't matter to much I could live with it. Mybe am just worrying to much. Thanks for any help guys.

All my scopes are high. I hold them very lightly like I would a BB gun and found high works well for me. If it feels good it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.