Is it possible to vaporize a Nosler Accubond?!

I recently picked up a Ruger No 1 in 257wby with a 28" barrel.

I loaded up a pressure test with IMR 7828 ssc and 110gr nosler accubonds.

Below are the results, never had any kind of pressure signs:

69.0- 3,493 fps
69.5- 3,549 fps
70.0- 3,554 fps
70.5- 3,550 fps
71.0- 3,631 fps
71.5- 3,628 fps

*Book max is at 71gr

I'm pretty excited about this gun and load combo. Going to do accuracy testing next and plan to sight in at 250 yards.

Does anyone have any experience with Accubonds at these speeds? Interested to hear some real world experience!
The only relevant experience I have was with a standard Mk5 W'by in 257 in which I was using 100gn Ballistic Tips pushed by 66gns of our 2213sc powder. A superbly accurate and effective load against, mostly, feral pigs on longer shots across cultivation. Came undone when a surprising shot offered on a big Red Deer doe at barely 30 yds.... Hit her in central neck, about 6 inches down from ear, aiming not to destroy meat... At impact there was a massive cloud of hair (double handful when I collected it), she dropped to her knees for a few seconds before shaking her head, obviously thinking *** was that???!!! She then stood up and galloped off, disappearing over the cultivation into timber half a mile away..... Not a sign of any blood! Changed over immediately to 110gn AccuBonds, 64gns of the same powder and have never had another blow-up, even on the biggest mud-coated pigs at even closer ranges.... You should not go wrong! These are great projectiles and have the benefit of non-distorting lead noses in the magazine, extremely accurate hunting loads!

The Ruger no 1 can be made to shoot pretty well. My no 1 in 25-06 will put 3, 120 grain core-lokts inside an inch @ 100 using, I think, 54.0 grains of Accurate Magpro. Velocity right at 3000 fps. I should put a Jard trigger in it, but so far, haven't gotten around to it.
Off topic please excuse, will they Jard trigger fit all # 1 rugers? Have never heard of them. I have a ruger 270 Weatherby. Apologies to the OP

Thought about trying a 180 grain 338 cal one in my 338 cheytac for fun.

Just to give you an idea of how fast I could potentially push one, we have had 300 grain smk's up to 3,500 fps before in this gun.

I estimate I could prob get one going about 4,300 fps / 310,000 rpm out of my 10 twist.
my cheytac in 375 pushes a 350 proprietary berger at 3500. my 28 nosler pushes 143 hh at 3600

Although I never had an Accubond come apart in the air, I have had them fail when hitting game at 3,100+ fps. The bullet acted like a varmint round with explosive damage at point of entry and a lack of penetration.
My 180 gr , accubonds and ballistic tips, leave the barrel at roughly 3100 FPS and by 100yds they are down to 2855 FPS
Per published ballistic chart.

I have not experienced any failures from 6 feet away to 500 yds. , on elk .
Sounds like your using a lighter bullet than a 180 gr. , and I don't speak for those ,due to no experience with them.

No they don't come apart, I load 76gr Of H1000 behind the 110 AB and get similar speed. I have shot deer from 60-225 yards and they don't come apart, and if you can find one they are little well intact mushrooms.

I've run them at as high as 3,600 in the STW shooting light bullets with no problem.

The only problem is that if you hit a coyote mid body on the run it tends to cut them in half and it's pretty ugly.

I've run them at as high as 3,600 in the STW shooting light bullets with no problem.

The only problem is that if you hit a coyote mid body on the run it tends to cut them in half and it's pretty ugly.
If you hit a coyote, on the run, I say , nice shooting !

If you hit a coyote, on the run, I say , nice shooting !
Unless you're calling them that's generally the only way you get a shot at them.

If you have enough open space they'll generally run a few hundred yards then slow down and look back over their shoulder at you and turn a bit giving you a quartering shot but even doing that they don't always stop.

It's just something you learn with years of trial and error.

Starting off in life as a small game and bird hunter gives you a leg up on learning such things as lead relative to angle and speed of the target. That was a big help.

I recently picked up a Ruger No 1 in 257wby with a 28" barrel.

I loaded up a pressure test with IMR 7828 ssc and 110gr nosler accubonds.

Below are the results, never had any kind of pressure signs:

69.0- 3,493 fps
69.5- 3,549 fps
70.0- 3,554 fps
70.5- 3,550 fps
71.0- 3,631 fps
71.5- 3,628 fps

*Book max is at 71gr

I'm pretty excited about this gun and load combo. Going to do accuracy testing next and plan to sight in at 250 yards.

Does anyone have any experience with Accubonds at these speeds? Interested to hear some real world experience!
I have two 257 Weatherby customs on Rem 700's with 9T X caliber barrels, cut to 26" with a gentry muzzle break. I shot the 110g Accubond in one at 3590 and the 115g Berger in the other barrel at 3600, both with R#22 using Fed 215's. We killed deer and hogs with them this year, and we see the bullet impact with water vaopr flying off of them.

Previously, we have had 30" hart barrels with 10 twists shooting the 100g at 4000, and 26" 10T shooting the 100g partitions at 3800-3850 fps.

For a Rock Chuck rifle, we used the 85g Nosler BT at 4130 fps out of a 26", 10T using AA3100.

We have never had bullets blow up from these speeds, but we did have spectacular accuracy around 1/3" and better, often much better.

A Custom 26" barrel with a 9T or 10T using zero to .030 freebore is pure magic in the 257 Weatherby case, hard to believe the accuracy with such incredible speed.

450 yards is a long shot for us, so there is no need in using the Black Jack bullets. The 115g Berger vld hunting and the 110g Accubonds kill deer while they are still standing, they always collapse on bullet impact.

The surprise of my life was with a Pac Nor three groove super match barrel, 26" long in a 10 twist where the 100g Partitions were shooting 1/2" groups at 3850 fps. Pac Nor does have a Reamer with zero to .030 freebore.

R#22 with fed 215's is all we have ever used with the 100-115g bullets, but R#23 is on the back burner to try. There are probably at least 6 of the custom 257 Weatherby's with Hart 10T, Krieger 10T, Pac Nor 10T on Savage 110's, Rem 700's, and one Winchester in our family where all of them have zero to .030 freebore.

An Accubond, by definition, has the jacket bonded to the core chemically. It's going to be a lot harder to spin apart than other bullets. I have blown up Vmax and Amax bullets, at extreme velocities for their caliber and not with frequency. I've never seen an Accubond come apart in the air.
Don't forget the Hornady SST 150 grenade. 3630 out of 300 RUM. I could of driven faster without pressuring out.