Is it possible to launch a bullet over 2000mph?

Well there is alot of information there for sure, but at least some of it is wrong.
First off Chronisters 10 shot group didnt have a flyer, and if you check it was about 3 3/4" in total.
His record lasted about one year till it was beaten by a shooter by name of Frye. Then that record was beaten again in about another year by Frank Weber. That record fell also in about a year to a very large block gun in Va. That record was broken by John Voniada and he held it for 14 years.
Earls record was the only one ever held with the 30x378. and it was shot using a 250 gr SMK which was produced for a brief period and prior to the 240 gr.
I frankly didnt realize Weatherby produced the Mark V that early, which makes me wonder all the more why they waited so long to make the 30x378 a factory chambering.
IIcr lack of suitable powders delayed introduction.

LOL.... Don't you know that FORD stands for First On Race Day? ;)

I thought my Raptor was fast until I pulled up beside a Roush F-150 Nitemare! I asked if it was fast... He laughed and said it was waaaaaay faster than my Raptor. When the light changed he left me wondering what happened! WOW!

Growing up I always heard the "Found On Road Dead" acronym haha.

Now, think about a large aircraft that can travel at sustained Mach 3 - SR 71 Old F15 could reach 2.5 Mach
Then think about a large spacecraft that reaches earth's escape velocity at 17,500 mph.
THEN, think of meteors that approach at 50,000fps!

Bullets @ 3,000fps aren't so fast after all.
I remember from my childhood the day my father just for fun sat down and did the math and just sat there shaking his head after.

I asked what was wrong.

He said nothings wrong it's just crazy to think that a bullet out of my rifle starts out slower than a fighter jet and only gets slower from there. And there's somebody inside one of those things….to be fair he was calculating for his .30-30 and I wasn't old enough to come up with some wise-crack remark, let alone resist the temptation to say it haha

I thought my Raptor was fast until I pulled up beside a Roush F-150 Nitemare! I asked if it was fast... He laughed and said it was waaaaaay faster than my Raptor. When the light changed he left me wondering what happened! WOW!

I thought Ford meant fix , or , repair daily

I never converted feet per second to miles per hour until recently when I was bored and googling around.

I decided to convert 3000 feet per second to miles per hour and came up with 2045.455mph!

Sounds a lot faster when we convert it huh?

Golly gosh... That's even faster than my F-150 Raptor... LOL

So I guess I answered my own question didn't I?

I also find it pretty amazing that we can repeatedly launch bullets at that speed and still get those bullets to land in a tiny group waaaaaaay out there over and over with amazing consistency.... Sometimes I just sit back and say WOW!!! It doesn't seem possible does it when you get right down to it?
I never converted feet per second to miles per hour until recently when I was bored and googling around.

I decided to convert 3000 feet per second to miles per hour and came up with 2045.455mph!

Sounds a lot faster when we convert it huh?

Golly gosh... That's even faster than my F-150 Raptor... LOL

So I guess I answered my own question didn't I?

I also find it pretty amazing that we can repeatedly launch bullets at that speed and still get those bullets to land in a tiny group waaaaaaay out there over and over with amazing consistency.... Sometimes I just sit back and say WOW!!! It doesn't seem possible does it when you get right down to it?
2,900 fps is 2,000 miles per hour!!

I also heard that F-O-R-D stands for Found On Road DEAD.

Owned my share of Ford's,..... They own me plenty... Less than 50% success rate with Ford. My Ram and Chevy purchases have had much higher success rates as far as not being Found On Road Dead.

Now, think about a large aircraft that can travel at sustained Mach 3 - SR 71 Old F15 could reach 2.5 Mach
Then think about a large spacecraft that reaches earth's escape velocity at 17,500 mph.
THEN, think of meteors that approach at 50,000fps!

Bullets @ 3,000fps aren't so fast after all.
Just think about the propellant to payload ratio and compare that to say a .22/378 at about 2.5 to 1 and a 50 grain slug tops out at around 6,000 fps. The laws of diminishing returns still apply.