Is Gunwerks Brass made by ADG?

Your the first one I've heard of complaining about ADG brass not handling "some" pressure.
All brass will loss primer pockets when your way over pressure.
As for the split neck did you take it up with ADG before you come on here complaining.

Your the first one I've heard of complaining about ADG brass not handling "some" pressure.
All brass will loss primer pockets when your way over pressure.
As for the split neck did you take it up with ADG before you come on here complaining.
Yes some pressure, 1 ladder test, minor ejector marks and the brass was toast

Yupp sure did take it up with them and they took care of it but stilla bummer! Really glad lapua is coming out with win mag brass

Yeah its a bummer but theres no reason to come on forums snd bash a company for having a split neck if they took care of it.
I've heard people b$$$$ about every barrel, die, brass, bullet, stock etc company out there.
Bottom line every one of them put something out there that slips through some more than others its how they take care of it that counts.

I'm at 13 reloads on lapua brass in 338, night and day difference... if anybody should be looking in the mirror it should be the know-it-all ****ing on other peoples first hand experience... obviously there are a ton of folks with more experience reloading than I, but I'm not the only one to have this issue :)

But yes bottom line they were great in taking care of it, just something to watch for

Last edited:
I'm at 13 reloads on lapua brass in 338, night and day difference... if anybody should be looking in the mirror it should be the know-it-all ****ing on other peoples first hand experience... obviously there are a ton of folks with more experience reloading than I, but I'm not the only one to have this issue :)

But yes bottom line they were great in taking care of it, just something to watch for

Your right your not the only one with issues, when you try to run a 300 Win at 300 RUM speeds somethings going to give, the ADG brass I've ran runs right with all the Lapua I have, they are very comparable in fact for less and made in USA. The older 300 Win Lapua brass ran great and seems like ADG 300 Win is right there too, hopefully the new run of 300 Win Lapua is as good as the last.

Silver State Armory is who they bought out.
Unless they have changed, ssa only made 6.8spc, 308w, and 223 iirc-- all of the other nosler brass is still made by norma, its just a slightly higher qc and weight sorted over std norma brass. I think the nosler "defense" line of ammo is made with the old ssa tooling, nothing else though.

I know a guys wife who works for Nosler he said its all made in house by Nosler.
It makes total sense why they would by a brass company right before they introduce the Nosler line.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.