Is Everyone Getting Into Deer Season At This Point?

Thank you sirs, where we hunt we usually harvest 160-170 or a little better bucks, like the second one or better, and we generally see 1 or 2 190+ bucks, but we are historically not in the right position to make a move on the bigger bucks, they are usually a ridge over, or in the next bowl, or just out of range.....However this year we were in the right place at the right time! That guy grossed a little over 200, netted a little over 190, our biggest one so far, and he has tons of character with a couple stickers, 2" long devil points coming out of the base of his horns, giant eye guards and such. He is one of the cooler bucks we have seen in our area!!
Well they are beautiful bucks Cody! I'd say a good season for sure, You're done while a lot of us are just getting started here in the east :) Congrats

Just curious if things are getting into fall deer season where you're at. We start firearms the last day of Oct. and bow season has been going now most of the month. The drought has really dried the woods up where I hunt and changed deer movement in what wet areas are still around. Being a bog hunter it has changed the game some for me, strangely it was a bumper apple crop and lot of heavy acorn drop as well. Have got a lot of game cam pics of does and yearlings but very few bucks, we'll see as the rut rolls in next month I suppose. Stands are out since late summer and ready when not still hunting. How about everyone? Dave
Archery started here last week. Rifle season opens Nov. 21. My son has hunted and saw a few doe's. We've had more rain than usual for this time of year. The past three years it's been really dry at this time. The oaks where we hunt doesn't have alot of acorns. Persimmon trees had alot of fruit but persimmons just about gone.

Just curious if things are getting into fall deer season where you're at. We start firearms the last day of Oct. and bow season has been going now most of the month. The drought has really dried the woods up where I hunt and changed deer movement in what wet areas are still around. Being a bog hunter it has changed the game some for me, strangely it was a bumper apple crop and lot of heavy acorn drop as well. Have got a lot of game cam pics of does and yearlings but very few bucks, we'll see as the rut rolls in next month I suppose. Stands are out since late summer and ready when not still hunting. How about everyone? Dave
I wish, South Dakota doesn't start rifle until the end of November

Thank you sirs, where we hunt we usually harvest 160-170 or a little better bucks, like the second one or better, and we generally see 1 or 2 190+ bucks, but we are historically not in the right position to make a move on the bigger bucks, they are usually a ridge over, or in the next bowl, or just out of range.....However this year we were in the right place at the right time! That guy grossed a little over 200, netted a little over 190, our biggest one so far, and he has tons of character with a couple stickers, 2" long devil points coming out of the base of his horns, giant eye guards and such. He is one of the cooler bucks we have seen in our area!!
Did y'all's elephant have any trouble toting those big monsters out of the woods, or did you call in a helicopter to get 'em out? I had no idea they still made deer that big and beautiful.

Good luck hunting this year guys. Rifle season for deer opens in November here in Texas so I am ready. Had a great elk hunt in Utah and would love to see two monster deer like Codyadams killed in Wyoming. I hope everyone gets the animal of their dreams this year. We need to at least finish 2020 off right since the rest of the year has been a bummer! Bull 3.jpg

As I write this. I am literally in my deer stand, waiting on one of the three very nice deer that I've had in my cameras recently. Today is the first of three days that you can take buck or doe. Then next week it is doe only. Unless you are bowhunting! Theres a lot of good bucks around, the rut is starting, as I walked up on a huge scrape this morning exiting my morning spot. Thank God the Corona jive us didnt effect us in any way
Although. if you dont reload, ammo is expensive, and thats if you can find it. Here we go again! Best wishes to All, be safe, stay vigilant!

As I write this. I am literally in my deer stand, waiting on one of the three very nice deer that I've had in my cameras recently. Today is the first of three days that you can take buck or doe. Then next week it is doe only. Unless you are bowhunting! Theres a lot of good bucks around, the rut is starting, as I walked up on a huge scrape this morning exiting my morning spot. Thank God the Corona jive us didnt effect us in any way
Although. if you dont reload, ammo is expensive, and thats if you can find it. Here we go again! Best wishes to All, be safe, stay vigilant!
I envy You! :) I'm 9 days and counting but just ahead season will open and one day will fade into another with bucks to chase and trees to climb.....Cheer's Dave

Had a good first week of October in Wyoming with a whitetail buck and an antelope,
View attachment 221170View attachment 221171
Nice job Greyfox. And I'm sure you had a great time. I've not drawn first blood yet, and usually do in my circle of friends and family hunters. I've got some great pics in the cameras,but nothing worth shooting in shooting lite. Just gotta wait til the rut gets right. Beautiful animals. Take care, all the best!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.