Is Everyone Getting Into Deer Season At This Point?

Savage 12BVSS

Just curious if things are getting into fall deer season where you're at. We start firearms the last day of Oct. and bow season has been going now most of the month. The drought has really dried the woods up where I hunt and changed deer movement in what wet areas are still around. Being a bog hunter it has changed the game some for me, strangely it was a bumper apple crop and lot of heavy acorn drop as well. Have got a lot of game cam pics of does and yearlings but very few bucks, we'll see as the rut rolls in next month I suppose. Stands are out since late summer and ready when not still hunting. How about everyone? Dave

It appears, if everything goes just right.....we may get to spend one or two evenings out hunting. Been a very bad month for doing anything entertaining! We're still trying to get everything ready for winter....still have a swimming pool to clean/treat/winterize! We're predicted to be a -1 F Monday morning. :mad: Tuesday, we drag out the camper, and get it ready to spend about 2 1/2 weeks elk hunting. Maybe it will be better than our deer season! :) memtb

It appears, if everything goes just right.....we may get to spend one or two evenings out hunting. Been a very bad month for doing anything entertaining! We're still trying to get everything ready for winter....still have a swimming pool to clean/treat/winterize! We're predicted to be a -1 F Monday morning. :mad: Tuesday, we drag out the camper, and get it ready to spend about 2 1/2 weeks elk hunting. Maybe it will be better than our deer season! :) memtb

It'll get better memtb, good luck on your elk hunt

I am blessed to hunt in my backyard for deer here in MA. Bow season just started Monday, but the bucks are not moving yet. Got lots of acorns this year after several poor years. Got the most Bucs on cam I have seen in several years so I am stoked. Sat my stand yesterday saw 4 does, but did not take shots on them though I had great shots to take. I am waiting on bucks, They say near the end of October /early November they rut will start kicking in. I am going to sit again next wed or Thursday when it is supposed to be colder--trying not to burn the stand out before the bucks start running but it is hard to stay out of the woods.. Our shotgun season starts Late November. I will also hit NY for deer/rifle season weekend before thanksgiving. looks pretty good up in NY too. Good look to all of you guys and have fun!

GOOD LUCK ELK!!

Our season is pretty much finished now here in Wyoming!! We got a couple decent ones....

2020 buck 1.jpg
2020 buck 2.jpg
2020 buck 3.jpg
120576321_658280051326597_8453458462271602517_n.jpg
120590435_689825651891926_6306301902924215470_n.jpg

Darn nice deer.....Congrats on a very successful season! memtb
Dang, very nice deer Sir, Congrats!
Thank you sirs, where we hunt we usually harvest 160-170 or a little better bucks, like the second one or better, and we generally see 1 or 2 190+ bucks, but we are historically not in the right position to make a move on the bigger bucks, they are usually a ridge over, or in the next bowl, or just out of range.....However this year we were in the right place at the right time! That guy grossed a little over 200, netted a little over 190, our biggest one so far, and he has tons of character with a couple stickers, 2" long devil points coming out of the base of his horns, giant eye guards and such. He is one of the cooler bucks we have seen in our area!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.