Is Action Blue Printing Worth It

pedwards

Hey Everyone,

I'm about to order a Weatherby Carbonmark in 300 Wby. and I noticed action blueprinting as an option in their custom shop. This will be my "Out West" rifle, strictly used for hunting. Right now, I am comfortable taking shots up to 500 yards at game. I know what action blueprinting is, but everything I read associates it with target rifles, or something that needs to be done after changing barrels. Is it worth the $250 to have Weatherby blueprint the action? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. Kind of what I was thinking, too. Just wasn't sure if it made a noticeable difference in accuracy.

Hey Everyone,

I'm about to order a Weatherby Carbonmark in 300 Wby. and I noticed action blueprinting as an option in their custom shop. This will be my "Out West" rifle, strictly used for hunting. Right now, I am comfortable taking shots up to 500 yards at game. I know what action blueprinting is, but everything I read associates it with target rifles, or something that needs to be done after changing barrels. Is it worth the $250 to have Weatherby blueprint the action? Thanks in advance.
You do not know? Do they guarantee accuracy with out the blueprinting do they with?

I wonder what Weatherby considers "blueprinting"?
I would ask them that very question.

It is hard for me to stomach that a maker knowingly makes actions that need tru'd.

That said, maybe they do a David Miller type thing where an action is pulled out of a production process to be finish on higher accuracy equipment…not sure.

I would ask them that very question.

It is hard for me to stomach that a maker knowingly makes actions that need tru'd.

That said, maybe they do a David Miller type thing where an action is pulled out of a production process to be finish on higher accuracy equipment…not sure.
Lot of guys started rifle building business's truing up Rem 700 actions and threading a premium barrel to it.
If the OEM barrel is not going to be swapped out with the upgrade, I cannot see myself paying for the service.