Is a proof research barrel worth it?

I have 7 CA. CARBON RIFLES AND ONE NOSLER 30 WITH PROOF RESEARCH BARREL AND AS OF RIGHT MOW WE HAVE TRIED AROUND 7 DEFERENT BULLETS AND 4 TYPES OF BRASS AND NOSLER FACTORY AMMO AS WELL AND STILL DONT HAVE A GOOD GROUPING WITH THIS RIFLE . WE CAN GO SHOOT IT ONE DAY AND GET 1/2" grouping and we reload the bullets and go back the next day and it's around 3 to 4" so I,m not sure right now whats going on with this rifle I,m hoping we can get it figured out after about 1000.00 dollars of trill and area
It could possibly be the barrel but I will also say that the big 30 Cal's I have ran seems they need cleaning more often when you start pushing long heavy bullets up over 3000 fps and faster. I'm talking about 40-50 rounds sometimes. Copper fouling & carbon build up. This may not be your issue at all but just something to think about.

They wouldn't shoot. Pressure out wayyy to early. Sent them back and they checked the barrels. Tight muzzle end. They replaced them but I was out smith fee's. I don't think they have very much QC. Just pump out as many barrels as possible then warranty the rest. Know quite a few smiths that have stopped using them for same reasons. It took the guy all of 10 minutes to slug the barrel and see it was bad. Asked the sales rep why they didn't do that before they sent it out? Crickets.
Curious, but how long ago was this?

Proof has been making some turds lately!
Man. I sure hate to hear that. They was on top of the game at one time. Well, it doesn't take long to get people shy of buying. It takes a lot longer to get folks to come back and some never will.

I also know a top PRS shooter that was sponsored by Proof. He recently quit due to inconsistent barrels. Some would shoot great, then bad ones. I think that they are going to loose some market share with Bartlien having there carbon barrels, Mullerworks has some being made by Pederson Precision. Benchmark is coming out with a carbon barrel as well. I think competition is great, and can hopefully help Proof step up QC.

I looked at the Bartlein carbon for my last build but, if I remember correctly, they weigh more than the Proof when comparing similar barrels.

I've never shot a Proof. I was going to use one on my last build a 25-284. My Smith suggested I use a Helix 6. He said he's had some bad luck with Proof lately. So I went with his recommendation. Should have the gun in a couple weeks. Hope it shoots!

I got my proof about a year ago and it was had probably been on the shelf at least a little while so it was probably manufacturered at least 1-1/2 years or more ago. It's an absolute shooter. I know they were winning quite in PRS & NRL. Maybe they will get their game together hopefully.

This is the first that I have heard of proof having issues. I know they've had a good track record for a while. I'm assuming this has evolved in the past 6 months or so.