Is a proof research barrel worth it?

I have 7 CA. CARBON RIFLES AND ONE NOSLER 30 WITH PROOF RESEARCH BARREL AND AS OF RIGHT MOW WE HAVE TRIED AROUND 7 DEFERENT BULLETS AND 4 TYPES OF BRASS AND NOSLER FACTORY AMMO AS WELL AND STILL DONT HAVE A GOOD GROUPING WITH THIS RIFLE . WE CAN GO SHOOT IT ONE DAY AND GET 1/2" grouping and we reload the bullets and go back the next day and it's around 3 to 4" so I,m not sure right now whats going on with this rifle I,m hoping we can get it figured out after about 1000.00 dollars of trill and area

If it will shoot 1/2 once it will do it again, it's not the barrel you have something else going on. I was sent a 28 Nosler for the same problem and it was the Bertram brass being horrible inconsistent.
After I did full case prep it shot very well and consistent.

I have 7 CA. CARBON RIFLES AND ONE NOSLER 30 WITH PROOF RESEARCH BARREL AND AS OF RIGHT MOW WE HAVE TRIED AROUND 7 DEFERENT BULLETS AND 4 TYPES OF BRASS AND NOSLER FACTORY AMMO AS WELL AND STILL DONT HAVE A GOOD GROUPING WITH THIS RIFLE . WE CAN GO SHOOT IT ONE DAY AND GET 1/2" grouping and we reload the bullets and go back the next day and it's around 3 to 4" so I,m not sure right now whats going on with this rifle I,m hoping we can get it figured out after about 1000.00 dollars of trill and area

You are not alone with your experience. One of my sons has had the same results as you mentioned - on 3 different barrels. Proof warrantied and replaced the first two. He just got the rifle back with the 3rd barrel a week a go from his very rebuttal builder. They will either refund his money or things will get interesting - enough is enough.

You might also check out, Hells Canyon Armory's carbon barrels. Mike uses benchmark blanks and his work is top notch.
65F6E017-2B2E-4107-84DF-83383A225248.jpeg

I'm not sure about the brass don't to many companies make the 30 nosler brass as of right now I have tried nosler-Hornady -adg and now I have found some petersen brass so when it gets here I will try it.im at the point right now of sending it back for a refund it want even group with factory 180 AB or the 210 ABLR ammo /

Thinking about putting a proof research carbon barrel on my next rig. I'm building a long range hunting rifle chambered in 7-300. I really love the almost 2lbs of weight savings it'll get over a comparable barrel. This gun will be packed around the mountains.
My question is for those that have them, was it worth the cost?
How was accuracy, barrel life etc? Thanks
It's worth it if you want light weight accuracy. Mine is a 7mm rem mag. It shoots as good as my bartleins. I can't answer your question about barrel life. It heats up quick. You will have mirage after the 2nd shot with a magnum like the 7mm -300. After I found a load(which was really quick) I will shoot no more than two shots in a row with it. And most of the time I only shoot one verification shot at long range with it from time to time. But all in all I do believe it was worth it.

They wouldn't shoot. Pressure out wayyy to early. Sent them back and they checked the barrels. Tight muzzle end. They replaced them but I was out smith fee's. I don't think they have very much QC. Just pump out as many barrels as possible then warranty the rest. Know quite a few smiths that have stopped using them for same reasons. It took the guy all of 10 minutes to slug the barrel and see it was bad. Asked the sales rep why they didn't do that before they sent it out? Crickets.

They wouldn't shoot. Pressure out wayyy to early. Sent them back and they checked the barrels. Tight muzzle end. They replaced them but I was out smith fee's. I don't think they have very much QC. Just pump out as many barrels as possible then warranty the rest. Know quite a few smiths that have stopped using them for same reasons. It took the guy all of 10 minutes to slug the barrel and see it was bad. Asked the sales rep why they didn't do that before they sent it out? Crickets.
Wow, I wasn't aware. Yeah, I've got a barrel right now from a very well know manufacturer and I'm convinced it has an issue. I won't name the manufacturer cause there will be 20 people post that they've never had a problem with them and theirs shoots 1" groups @ 1500 yards. Point being: this manufacturer may crank out 95% Hummers but when you get caught in the other 5% that are not , it really makes you want to go another direction.

Every company has a bad one every once in a while. I had two proofs that shot awesome. And 2 that were bad. That's way more than you should see. Bartlien contours,drills,wraps,cuts rifling, laps. This should help with any stress in the barrel and any potential tight spots. I have one for a 300 wsm that should be done soon.

Every company has a bad one every once in a while. I had two proofs that shot awesome. And 2 that were bad. That's way more than you should see. Bartlien contours,drills,wraps,cuts rifling, laps. This should help with any stress in the barrel and any potential tight spots. I have one for a 300 wsm that should be done soon.
I thought I read Bartlien out source the wrapping.

My sample size is small, but have had 3 Proof carbons, all have been excellent. The first one needed some JB on a rough spot 6" in, once that was cleared up, one of the most accurate rifles I have ever loaded for. The barrel is a 6 Dasher, just lately it dumped pressure just under 1200 rds, not good for a Dasher sized case. I want to point a finger at Proof, but the kid shooting it is the issue, he seems to like to waste my ammo, 20 shots for others 14 shots, lol.
That said, I will not replace any of these barrels with another carbon barrel when due. But I would at some point build on one, I love the looks of them in conjunction with a stock that accents the wrap.