Is a CCI Stinger necessary?

Is that a CZ 22 hornet, if so I have the same and it's one heck of a rifle,nothing I've ever drawn down on has escaped, my night vision scope is on it now. Nice prime coon.
Yeah, it's a 527 and I really like it! It's about .75 MOA at 200 yards with the Hornady factory stuff so I really do debate investing in the dies/time for it based on its intended purpose. The set trigger is nice but a bit unrefined. I've gotten in there and adjusted the over travel, etc., and it's fine but I may have my smith do some fine tuning someday. Great build quality on these CZs and my only regret is not having gotten a Hornet a long time ago!

Yeah, it's a 527 and I really like it! It's about .75 MOA at 200 yards with the Hornady factory stuff so I really do debate investing in the dies/time for it based on its intended purpose. The set trigger is nice but a bit unrefined. I've gotten in there and adjusted the over travel, etc., and it's fine but I may have my smith do some fine tuning someday. Great build quality on these CZs and my only regret is not having gotten a Hornet a long time ago!
Mine shoots the same , I only use factory Hornady,or HSM,however even Sellor and Bellot cheap stuff shoots pretty good. My set trigger is to die for.

I will tell you loading for a hornet will darn sure improve your reloading skills in this little case every little thing makes a huge difference they are not picky most times its just the little things I have found pistol primers to close my groups up they are a blast to play with I just recently got another one as my last was sold for some dumba-- reason

I'm on my last brick of the Remington yellow jackets. I've never had anything get away from those. I've only shot one smallish raccoon with them but it was lights out. They give you the loud THWACK! When you hit a big bunny.

I'm on my last brick of the Remington yellow jackets. I've never had anything get away from those. I've only shot one smallish raccoon with them but it was lights out. They give you the loud THWACK! When you hit a big bunny.
Well, check this out! Don't find bricks of these much in these parts anymore. None of my new rimfire's will accept them but I got access to a Ruger single six that will be great for trapping if I decide to go that route.

8193DC50-10EB-451C-B4D9-1A1F03B6B494.jpeg

My brother and I have shot several groundhogs with Eley Subsonic 40gr, HP with good success. We recovered 1 from a squirrel shot coming down a limb, The bullet entered under the jaw and was recovered in a hind leg. The soft lead used in the bullet made a prefect mushroom, With about 2 calibers of face on the bullet.
With its accuracy in CZ 452 and 457 shot placement is excellent for quick kills.

My favorite .22 RF ammo is the .22 LR Blazer - my real nice Douglas custom barrel M77/22 does not like the Stingers with their extra long extended brass (nickel plated) case.

Evidently you're just skinning,fleshing and tanning for yourself? The fur market is very depressed with the exception of Coyotes, last coon I sold were waste of time.

I have part of a brick of Yellow Jackets left myself. When I used a 22 to hunt ground squirrels in Idaho, I pretty much stuck with Yellow Jackets and Stingers. The terminal performance was much greater than regular high velocity hollow points like CCI Mini-Mags and it kept a lot of those tenacious little things from making it back to their holes.

Evidently you're just skinning,fleshing and tanning for yourself? The fur market is very depressed with the exception of Coyotes, last coon I sold were waste of time.
Yeah, just for fun. Gives me another excuse to be in the woods until the coon season ends in Mid-march, then Spring gobbler and then Groundhogs!

Well, check this out! Don't find bricks of these much in these parts anymore. None of my new rimfire's will accept them but I got access to a Ruger single six that will be great for trapping if I decide to go that route.

View attachment 240888
My 1st gun(other than BB & pellet buns) was a browning lever action .22 with a tubular magazine that will hold 22 rounds of the .22 shorts, seems like I could shoot forever.

Tons of quiet fun! 60 grain subsonic rounds. Foot pounds of a regular LR 40 gr.

Just strap on a laser illuminator, low power scope, and muffler! I have a ruger 10/22