Is a CCI Stinger necessary?

YZ-80

Hi everybody! Back in coon hunting mode and I'm excited cause I got den trees out back and the fat bandits have been eating my deer corn since late September. I got a fleshing beam, knife, etc., on order! Anyway, I got a big (sow?) the other night with my .22 Hornet but I think that might be a bit much for the shots that I'm taking. I hit the sow in the nape of the neck with the Hornet at about 60 yards and luckily it did not do much damage but I've seen what the Hornet can do if you hit them center of mass. Anyway, I was thinking about using my CZ 455 rimfire instead. Would good 'Ol Federal Value pack rounds @ 1,260 fps do the trick or should I sight in for the Stingers @ 1,640 fps?

Hi everybody! Back in coon hunting mode and I'm excited cause I got den trees out back and the fat bandits have been eating my deer corn since late September. I got a fleshing beam, knife, etc., on order! Anyway, I got a big (sow?) the other night with my .22 Hornet but I think that might be a bit much for the shots that I'm taking. I hit the sow in the nape of the neck with the Hornet at about 60 yards and luckily it did not do much damage but I've seen what the Hornet can do if you hit them center of mass. Anyway, I was thinking about using my CZ 455 rimfire instead. Would good 'Ol Federal Value pack rounds @ 1,260 fps do the trick or should I sight in for the Stingers @ 1,640 fps?
Winchester subsonic the ones made in Australia, will drop them like hot potato, if you can find them.

And the 40gr version velocitor's are a force of there own.

Dean
Best 22 hunting round on the market, bar none. I thought the thread, but if you want a quieter round go subsonic. I've dropped more coyotes with CCI Velocitors than one could imagine, however, I only take head, or neck shots, never lost one. I'm sighted in dead on at 100 yards.

Value pack

Thanks all for your comments. I'll use the standard Federal load in my CZ 455 American. It's dead on and fun to shoot.

Cheers!

-YZ

If it shoots the Federal stuff good stay with it. My 10/22 hates high velocity ammo, and I mean it hates it. However it loves Aguila Golden Eagle Match, 10 shots in a dime at 50yds. Feed it what it likes

Best 22 hunting round on the market, bar none. I thought the thread, but if you want a quieter round go subsonic. I've dropped more coyotes with CCI Velocitors than one could imagine, however, I only take head, or neck shots, never lost one. I'm sighted in dead on at 100 yards.
I got some of them Velociters too, but from what you guys are sayin' the Federal Valuepak stuff will do the trick, so I'll use that. My CZ 455 shoots it well. As for the Hornet and @wv270wsm comment, I haven't decided to reload for the Hornet yet. One of the few I don't reload for. I hear it's a bit of a PITA but I may get a bug up my butt and order the dies someday!

Cheers Fellers!!

Oh yeah, here's that bandit I smacked with the Hornet the other night!

F7E8D927-D526-49A9-99B9-18621D774B5D.jpeg
72B19DE4-C529-40D7-959C-E4A638810B5C.jpeg
7C04454F-2C4B-4FFB-AC74-10D974CA437D.jpeg

View attachment 235354View attachment 235355View attachment 235356

View attachment 235354View attachment 235355View attachment 235356
Is that a CZ 22 hornet, if so I have the same and it's one heck of a rifle,nothing I've ever drawn down on has escaped, my night vision scope is on it now. Nice prime coon.