Is 350 Legend sufficient for black bear?

Sure. Depending on range. ;) It's a capable relatively short-range cartridge. For factory ammo there's the Win XP Copper, Win Defender 160 Bonded and such like - unless you handload, then you got many excellent options like Barnes and Hammers.

I don't love the 350L for this application. I've found it a bit marginal on deer. If you don't have a 44, 450 bm, or the like.....grab a muzzleloader. Much better terminal ballistics.
Yes, it loses velocity fast with its bore size to bullet weight ratio along with the low MV's. I should clarify that if you're not in a good position to get another more suitable rifle, this one will work fine if you use the right bullets and are ok with restricted effective range. If you handload, the picture widens a good bit, as you can get a Hammer load that can potentially launch over 2,700 fps. that will get you out to 200 yds. or so.

Yes, it loses velocity fast with its bore size to bullet weight ratio along with the low MV's. I should clarify that if you're not in a good position to get another more suitable rifle, this one will work fine if you use the right bullets and are ok with restricted effective range. If you handload, the picture widens a good bit, as you can get a Hammer load that can potentially launch over 2,700 fps. that will get you out to 200 yds. or so.

I do handload, and I've got my eye on those 125gr Hammers once I run out of my factory 180gr Winchester ammo. My Ruger American Ranch shoots that factory ammo under 1", and very accurate out to 300 yards (the furthest I've tested it).

Yep I would not hesitate to take a bear here in Michigan with mine.
I run the 125 hammers over 2700fps and have taken some large deer out to 238 yards and tested out past 300. Never caught the bullet in 5 water jugs and thought yep I'd try 300. Especially since I have yet to catch a bullet in a deer at over 200.
The legend would actually be a round I grab and I have others. Would depend on distance and style of hunting.
I am able to keep a decent group out to 400 and should try the water jug test. I use the drinking water ones that are about 6" thick and about 1' tall by 14" long.

Yep I would not hesitate to take a bear here in Michigan with mine.
I run the 125 hammers over 2700fps and have taken some large deer out to 238 yards and tested out past 300. Never caught the bullet in 5 water jugs and thought yep I'd try 300. Especially since I have yet to catch a bullet in a deer at over 200.
The legend would actually be a round I grab and I have others. Would depend on distance and style of hunting.
I am able to keep a decent group out to 400 and should try the water jug test. I use the drinking water ones that are about 6" thick and about 1' tall by 14" long.
What rifle do you have? I have a Ruger American Ranch with the 16" barrel, and I'm going to work on a load with the 125gr Hammers. I'd love to hear about your recipe.

I have 2 uppers and one same as yours. I run 30gr lil in mine with starline brass. Just work up slow as usual I believe I went higher but do t care for compressed loads in ar and it got me the distance I needed.

Absolutely will work great. I would strongly say DO NOT SHOOT A LIGHT FAST BULLET and suggest a heavy slower one. All a matter of what distance you plan and use a quality heavy hunting bullet. I really like the Hornady 180XTP.

Absolutely will work great. I would strongly say DO NOT SHOOT A LIGHT FAST BULLET and suggest a heavy slower one. All a matter of what distance you plan and use a quality heavy hunting bullet. I really like the Hornady 180XTP.
Ever try a light, fast mono? Whole different game than the traditional cup and core. Running light 123 Hammers at 3,495 fps in a 6.5 Sherman Max and it literally ran through a whitetail from the rear ham to front. Penetration was better than my 7-LRM with the big 180 Hybrids running at 3K with the same shot on a smaller deer even. The 123 mono exited after even further penetration, while the 180 Hybrid didn't even make it to the vitals. Both 200 +/- yds.

Attachments

• 6.5 Max 123 AH @ 3,495.jpg
    6.5 Max 123 AH @ 3,495.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 156
Ever try a light, fast mono? Whole different game than the traditional cup and core. Running light 123 Hammers at 3,495 fps in a 6.5 Sherman Max and it literally ran through a whitetail from the rear ham to front. Penetration was better than my 7-LRM with the big 180 Hybrids running at 3K with the same shot on a smaller deer even. The 123 mono exited after even further penetration, while the 180 Hybrid didn't even make it to the vitals. Both 200 +/- yds.
Yep.....not a fan after using lots of light bullets of all different types in my early ignorant years of hunting. First deer I killed with a legal hunting rifle was a 06 with 125 bullets 45 years ago.
Then the wonder all copper bullets showed up so of course I sipped the grape kool aid. Same with booger bullets tried them won't use them again if any other option.

Biased opinionated.....ignorant yep I'm all of those. luckily not as ignorant in this area as I used to be.

Nope, I can say take it from a guy who used to do slow and fast. The light fast is great. And I have taken a good amount of deer and hogs with the light and fast and the heavy and can say without a doubt the light fast kills much better and does more damage.
If using cup and core I would agree but monos seem to be different and need light and fast and punch well above the weight they are.