Is 2850fps with a CE 425gr lazer possible out of a 37xc?

do you know how long his barrel is? I want a Carbon fiber but the longest I have found I can get is 31"

this gun will be for hunting.

Curious though, why would you say that?
what are you hunting where you want a 37xc?
338 lapua is overboard for hunting all big game in NA.
few reasons I said that, one the recoil will be insane on a light hunting rifle. Second I wouldn't plan on shooting more than 1 shot every 10 minutes out of it, the stainless portion of the barrel will heat up exponentially. My buddy who has a THICK barrel on his can only get 5 shots before its over temp.
I would have to imagine even a 33 inch carbon fiber barrel will still put the gun over a weight where you are gonna want to lug it around? Plus its going to be so **** long to carry through the woods.
At the end of the day its your gun, and you do as you wish and whatever puts a smile on your face. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why that would be needed, UNLESS you have discovered dinosaurs in America haha. ;)

Last edited:
Bill Hader Reaction GIF

I may need to recant my statement. I just saw on Facebook tonight, Chase Stroud has taken 3 deer this year at over 2700 yards, one shot on each one.
If that's the kind of hunting you are doing, 37xc in carbon fiber sounds like a great choice!

3 for 3 at 2700yrds?
I wouldn't believe it if it came out of anyone else mouth but his lol. I think it was 3 separate occasions though.
I have to assume they show up at his private range where he has everything dialed in. Im also sure it doesnt matter where he hits them with a 398gr bullet hitting them.

There was a time this site was a great resource for information
All jokes aside man, I think I answered your question on the first post. Should be possible to get those speeds, by buddy found 50bmg powder to give him the best results.
In all seriousness, Are you making an ELR hunting rig, where you won't be lugging this rig around?

I'm in better condition than most. I've been "lugging" a 30# rifle around for the last 7 years or so. Distance and weight are relative terms for some. The weight of my rig has not been a hinderance. My next rifle will hit harder at 2/3 that weight or less.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.