Is 1-10" Twist ideal for 243 or 6mm?

Smoak352

I am looking at a Cooper in either .243 or 6mm rem. for deer. I plan on shooting 90-100 grain bullets. Is the 1 in 10" twist ok?

Thanks

If youre deer hunting I'd use the 95gr Accubond. The 1-10" twist will stabalize any up to 95 grains so you should be ok.

For my 243 I used 1/10 twist Krieger barrel and been shooting 85gr up to 100gr. I used 1/10 for a 6RemAI and I shoot the Nosler 95gr bullet was good antelope rifle. Since moving to Co 35 yrs ago haven't use and 6mm for deer most use for them antelope or varmints, so no current experience.

I just looked in my Nosler manual and that was listed.

On their website the only accubond bullet they have is a 90 grain. If they make a 95 that would be even better. Hopefully I can find it. Thanks for the advice.

You can custom order Coopers with your desired twist(cost extra). I just ordered two a couple months ago. Lefthanded, faster twists, and pic. rails. They were around $2100 each with a laminate stock since composites aren't offered in lefthand. For the 105's in the 6br improved's the 8twist is the ticket.

Hope this helps

Brent

You can custom order Coopers with your desired twist(cost extra). I just ordered two a couple months ago. Lefthanded, faster twists, and pic. rails. They were around $2100 each with a laminate stock since composites aren't offered in lefthand. For the 105's in the 6br improved's the 8twist is the ticket.

Hope this helps

Brent

Ok so 1 in 10 is not the best for bullets 90-100 grains? How much extra is it do you know?

If memory serves me $100 for the barrel, $150 for the left handed action, and $125 for the 20moa rail.

I contacted my local gun shop, and we sat down with Cooper on the phone and found out what was available in lefthanded.

I am having built a 280ai in the jackson game and a varminter in 22-250. Both have laminate stocks and 20moa rails.

My dasher is a 7.75 but most use 8twist to stabilize the 105-107's and they send them at around 3050fps.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.