iPhone & Ballist FTE program?

EXPRESS

I put a thread up a while ago asking about ballistic programs for the iPhone and since then several have become available.
I have used iSnipe and Ballist Field Tactical Edition and just wanted to see if anyone else knew of them.
FTE is a great program, it uses JBM or it's own software, has large databases of info and I have found it to be as accurate as any other ballists program I have tried.
I am not in any way affiliated to them in fact I have also written them an email making a few suggestions that I feel would improve the programs.

Having a good ballstics program on your phone, which these days we end up taking everywhere with us is a great option, I certainly am glad I tried it!

i use fte often to compare loads i could make possible with my rifles (and dream rifles). I also use it's favorites list to save my loads that shoot well. Now that they have thr factory loads to choose from it is easy to compare manufacturers loads as well. Great program. It does work well.

I use the Basllistic FTE aswell, great program, and doesn't break the bank either. It's an absolute bargain compared to other ballistic software, and with every free update it becomes better. I bought it about 6months ago for just 8 dollars. Dont know what it runs now, but it's definatly cheaper than the competition. It seems to be very accurate with almost no deviation compared to other programs, and that could be input failure on my part (+/- a few degrees or altitude).

Oliver

I use this as my goto feild program and i think it is superb , the best i've ever used anyway . It got me within an inch of centre on a steel fox target at 1000 yards with my CBS ! with my 260 rem.

being a bit suspicious of technology i still take a milldot master with me and written data because the F**K up fairies will always visit electronics when you spot the shot of a lifetime!

speaking of the shot of a lifetime, I used it in Kyrgyzstan to make a 599yard shot on my ibex. I had all the data on paper as well, and it really was just for confirmation, but it was spot on.
I have got the report ready and will post it soon.

it's a small world ! a friend of mine has just got back from kyrgyzstan after an ibex hunt , looking at the photos it looked like a fab hunt.

i've used this program for a few months & love it. One of the more recent updates allows you to use the JBM program, which has spin drift calculation. As already mentioned, the HUD display is awesome in the field.

Ballistic FTE and Mil-Dot app

I've got it too and love the HUD. For those of you who use mil dot, you can load a mil-dot range calculator as well for a $1.99 that can do the math for you if you don't have a range finder handy. I've got the Mil Dot app and it comes with an MOA calculator as well.

MilDotAugs

TBD, FTE has the mil/moa ranging program too!
I also baught Mil Dot, then noticed I didn't need it.

On the bottom menu in FTE, there is a crosshair with the title "Distance" tap on that one.

I just got an iphone and ballistic fte. May i ask you guys that have used it for awhile how you have your atmosphere setup.

i have the zero set but is it more accurate with current atmosphere on, off and input your own data.

I thought it said it had mil readout for windage in hud but i dont find it. only find mil for range finding

and last do you use the LOS angle in hud. Mine seems to freeze when testing it sometimes but i think the auto angle correction would be pretty cool.

I havent been able to go out and shoot with it yet but am pretty excited to try it, any input would be appreciated.

??? can you input wind, angle,temp, elev, atm, and get drops in and wind in mils? Also can it go on I pod touch??

I just got an iphone and ballistic fte. May i ask you guys that have used it for awhile how you have your atmosphere setup.

i have the zero set but is it more accurate with current atmosphere on, off and input your own data.

I thought it said it had mil readout for windage in hud but i dont find it. only find mil for range finding

and last do you use the LOS angle in hud. Mine seems to freeze when testing it sometimes but i think the auto angle correction would be pretty cool.

I havent been able to go out and shoot with it yet but am pretty excited to try it, any input would be appreciated.

You can have it look for the nearest airport for the lasest weather info, but if you have no cell service that feature doesn't do you any good. I plan on buying a Kestral from Lenny here shorlty so I can get it off of that. I can tell you it's been spot on from South LA to Casper WY. For $12.00 I think it's worth it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.