iPad plus OnX perfect !

The guys I hunt with that have onX seem to spend more time looking at the screen than hunting. I have mine on a little tiny Garmin, so it isn't so much fun to look at. I mostly use it to get back to camp in the dark, and mark my hot spots.

I'm serious lol. I read something about losing spatial awareness or something like that from using GPS units. I have noticed I'm losing some sense of direction and wonder if it's from using GPS units. Plus you can figure out distances by using a map. Good backup for ranging targets.
I argue with my GPS regularly. My direction sense is much better. If I have been to a place, even in childhood, I can find my way back. Guessing there was at least one pigeon in my ancestry.
Ranging, blessed with eyes that still work okay. But I do use my scope for verification.

But, (there's that word), if I am in an area with a lot of ferrous metal, my sense of direction and location is gone. I can track well, but a GPS does come in handy.

Have fun, be safe.

I argue with my GPS regularly. My direction sense is much better. If I have been to a place, even in childhood, I can find my way back. Guessing there was at least one pigeon in my ancestry.
Ranging, blessed with eyes that still work okay. But I do use my scope for verification.

But, (there's that word), if I am in an area with a lot of ferrous metal, my sense of direction and location is gone. I can track well, but a GPS does come in handy.

Have fun, be safe.
For me the GPS is worth it's weight in gold during a fogged in situation or white out snow. I got fogged in once and couldn't land nav off of known points or the sun because I couldn't see them. Luckily my sense of direction got me back to the truck. I'm not against GPS, I'm for them. But I'm not going to lug and ipad around.